Amadou Onana

wishywashy

Just now, TRO said:

Had to post " Like" as there isn't an " Ecstatic " option.

I’m glad you’re so happy mate, it’s a good sign for us too. 

Just now, Jas10 said:

Straight 50m? Or broken down into lower initial fee and add ons?

Romano will probably put out 10 more tweets regarding this transfer. I’m sure one of them will have the financial details in it. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

Romano will probably put out 10 more tweets regarding this transfer. I’m sure one of them will have the financial details in it. 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Just the signing we needed. Unai will get far more out of him that Dyche could

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No joking, this guy with Kamara when he's back, that's as good as it gets. Boss mode.

The new Petit & Vieira partnership?

Everyone ahead of them attack like crazy?

• Haha 1

Haven’t rated him too highly at Everton but it’s dycheball so everyone looks horrible. Liked him at the euros a lot. Young and improving with hopefully his best ahead of him. 

Good player our Andre.

Mate.

I think he's a really good player and could 🤞 be a great player. Definitely has some attributes that will be very useful.

I think he came on for his Everton debut against us didn't he? Seem to remember the short time he was on being quite eventful.

Excited by the news but have had Rihanna stuck in my head.

15 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Onana will be DM for sure. Tielemans will cover the Dougie role. 

My theory is.....with such a dominant body in the midfield, the forwards and creative players, can relax to a degree and get on with THEIR work.....and not have to keep looking over their shoulder.

These guys win the ball and turn it over, which in turn, keeps the front men fed.....They are the engine room

We saw it, with Boubacar, we saw how Dougies game went up a notch.....We now have players along with Enzo, who can help us contain games, away from home.

This type of player for me....enhances the performances of the front men, so don't be surprised to see a rejuvenated creative attack....where they can trust  what's behind them.

He will also help the defence clear the aerial balls from set pieces....I'll bet Austin McPhee will be relieved.

I see this player, have a huge influence on the performances of others, in a similar fashion to what, Boub did......so we now have a few "Insurance men" in Amadou, Boub and Enzo, who can ensure, we don't get overrun, in games and at least keep us in the game.

4 and 5 goals against are not good, for a progressing team like ours, and we had a few of them last season......sure we can't win every game, but rollickings are not conducive to progress and threaten confidence...they had to be addressed.

At 22 and loads of time spent with the maestro, I am over the moon, with this one.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

My theory is.....with such a dominant body in the midfield, the forwards and creative players, can relax to a degree and get on with THEIR work.....and not have to keep looking over their shoulder.

These guys win the ball and turn it over, which in turn, keeps the front men fed.....They are the engine room

We saw it, with Boubacar, we saw how Dougies game went up a notch.....We now have players along with Enzo, who can help us contain games, away from home.

This type of player for me....enhances the performances of the front men, so don't be surprised to see a rejuvenated creative attack.

He will also help the defence clear the aerial balls from set pieces....I'll bet Austin McPhee will be relieved.

I see this player, have a huge influence on the performances of others, in a similar fashion to what, Boub did......so we now have a few "Insurance men" in Amadou, Boub and Enzo, who can ensure, we don't get overrun, in games and at least keep us in the game.

4 and 5 goals against are not good, for a progressing team like ours, and we had a few of them last season......sure we can't win every game, but rollickings are not conducive to progress and threaten confidence.

At 22 and loads of time spent with the maestro, I am over the moon, with this one.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Even more encouraging to consider that Barca, Bayern, Arsenal & Manure (ah, forget about those minnows actually) all had a genuine interest in the player. And we’ve beaten them to the punch here…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Mate, we’ve both been banging on about needing this kind of player since the Championship days! Presence, height, aggression, physicality, aerial prowess, loves to tackle and intercept and so on…

A powerhouse DM.

Kamara has been wonderful but injury prone and possesses more class and elegance on the ball, but less physicality.

We would have a formidable base with the pair of them back there and allow all of the attacking players more freedom to wreak havoc, create and attack.

Unai is seemingly addressing our lack of presence or stature pretty much all over the pitch, with a few exceptions that provide that extra technical flair and some pace aswell. Again… it’s all about that balance or blend.

No wonder we are improving now that we finally have a world class manager that is befitting of our wonderful club (we have let it down by many poor and embarassing appointments in the past).

UTV

Yes, we have Jas.

you too are a promoter of such virtues......It's not the be all and end all,as we have both said, just a few more tools in the toolbox of a complete team.

We all like to see the ball played on the floor and it's well documented the merits of that has been aired by all pundits and managers alike over the years....but goals change games, they change momentum, they shift the initiative, and they enhance belief and confidence....it cannot be ignored, without consequence.

We have seen in this Euro Tournament, the essence/benefit of the headed goal or assist.....While it is still, a widely used weapon, in our game, we have to embrace it.....set pieces alone, breed this type of finish.

We had to be more alert, to the virtues of aerial attack and defence.....I think its been addressed now, by prudent masters of the game.

I think midfield aerial presence is undervalued.  Even a slightly higher probability of directing those hundreds of little contested balls each game really adds up.  That'll be him.       

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Even more encouraging to consider that Barca, Bayern, Arsenal & Manure (ah, forget about those minnows actually) all had a genuine interest in the player. And we’ve beaten them to the punch here…

So for anyone, who has doubts about this.....Those teams are no mugs, and recognise an influential player, when they see one.

5 hours ago, villarule123 said:

ONANA

Whats his name? 

ONANA

Whats his name? 

ONANA

Whats his name? What's his name? What's his name? 

Andre.

• Haha 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â