Amadou Onana

wishywashy

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

it's amazing how little football outside of their own team some fans watch

i've said it before and i'll say it again, everton fans are the only fanbase i've ever had a real disliking for (yes, including SHA fans...i've gotten along with most of those i've met in my life) but i've yet to meet an everton fan that hasn't been a complete arsehole

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Obviously Doug is the better attacking player, but Onana outshines him in everything else.

With coaching from Unai and a different system there is alot of room for growth here 

We could make him our Yaya Toure!

FB_IMG_1720882235616.jpg

Onana is a serious baller and gives us a lot more steel - especially when it comes to tackles. A big weakness last season was the gaps in central midfield and the ease teams can glide by us. He can read the play, make that tackle but also pick that pass. Under Unai his ceiling is so much higher. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yep......I've been waiting for a long time, for this type of player.

I was quietly confident Unai was seeing what I was seeing, but it was all about incremental progress. He is a patient man, another of his virtuous attributes.

The profile of the team is morphing in to a more physically capable team.....but at the same time, retaining our guile and creativity, I have always believed its possible to do both.

I was never in doubt, that some of the games, where we was overrun in midfield, that Unai was on it, in his head....He knew he had to end that, and to reduce our goals against record.

We will be better equipped to face some of the tough away games domestically and in Europe, of that I am certain. My confidence levels have been given a significant boost.

I am highly delighted in the capture, for more reasons, than I documented about physicality and height.....I think this will be a game changer for us.

"Harder to beat"...here we come.

Mate, we’ve both been banging on about needing this kind of player since the Championship days! Presence, height, aggression, physicality, aerial prowess, loves to tackle and intercept and so on…

A powerhouse DM.

Kamara has been wonderful but injury prone and possesses more class and elegance on the ball, but less physicality.

We would have a formidable base with the pair of them back there and allow all of the attacking players more freedom to wreak havoc, create and attack.

Unai is seemingly addressing our lack of presence or stature pretty much all over the pitch, with a few exceptions that provide that extra technical flair and some pace aswell. Again… it’s all about that balance or blend.

No wonder we are improving now that we finally have a world class manager that is befitting of our wonderful club (we have let it down by many poor and embarassing appointments in the past).

UTV

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, nick76 said:

Anybody checked @TRO blood pressure with this big solid dude coming in?

I'm highly delighted.....I can relax a bit more now, with long balls and set pieces.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Cherrypicking post a lot of  positive post there to about us they love the fact we sticking it to the 6 and not trying to fleece them like Man Utd.

Yeah why would I post them. They're not funny.

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Obviously Doug is the better attacking player, but Onana outshines him in everything else.

With coaching from Unai and a different system there is alot of room for growth here 

We could make him our Yaya Toure!

FB_IMG_1720882235616.jpg

Here’s a different take:

Don’t think we need to underrate/undervalue Dougie just cos he’s left (time for us to move on) and compare him to a different kind of player. Comparisons are rarely simple or straightforward either. We haven’t signed a replacement.

He was very good for us and a player like this does not replace what he did, maybe a change of style/system will though and more of an onus on the attackers than the midfielders to create and score (who hold the record for consecutive home goals?).

Or a top class number 10…

Look at those passing numbers… I think that’s important to Unai.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

No........................this

dog drooling cartoon.jpg

I posted before seeing this. I just saw a start that he won more aerial duels than anyone else in Europe's top 5 leagues last season. 

Onana and Tielemans looked good when they played together for Belgium. We are going to have a clear out at some point as there is now a lot of competition for places at the top end of the pitch. There's about 6 players vying for the left back role. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Here’s a different take:

Don’t think we need to underrate/undervalue Dougie just cos he’s left (time for us to move on) and compare him to a different kind of player. Comparisons are rarely simple or straightforward either. We haven’t signed a replacement.

He was very good for us and a player like this does not replace what he did, maybe a change of style/system will though and more of an onus on the attackers than the midfielders to create and score (who hold the record for consecutive home goals?).

Or a top class number 10…

Look at those passing numbers… I think that’s important to Unai.

Onana will be DM for sure. Tielemans will cover the Dougie role. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wishywashy said:

Had to post " Like" as there isn't an " Ecstatic " option.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â