Amadou Onana

wishywashy

16 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

We could do it to “Baby Shark”, if you’ve seen Ted Lasso - “ Jamie Tart” 

Amadou du du du du

Amadou du du du du

Amadou du du du du

Am a dou

I was thinking more along the lines of Agadoo with the final line of the verse ending “My name is not Andre”

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Has @striker been on to tell us he's shite and will take us backwards yet?

No mate not at all. Good player who will add loads of physicality and can pass too.

Villa won't be out muscled anymore with their signings so far.

Emery will also make him better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, if you don't want Agadoo or Baby Shark, how about 'Mañana'? 

Onana 

Onana 

Onana is good enough for me 

Onana

Onana

He's good enough for Unai Emery 

Is this the first signing where “lure of champions league football” was bandied about?

after YEARS of being on the other end of that deal, it is a damned fine feeling.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 479Villan said:

Is this the first signing where “lure of champions league football” was bandied about?

after YEARS of being on the other end of that deal, it is a damned fine feeling.

Indeed. But we need to make sure we stay at that level. 

5 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

He really isn't a replacement for Luiz then.

Nope, and I don't think we necessarily need a direct replacement for Luiz as I've been trying to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, allani said:

One of the problems with that analysis (I don't disagree with your general idea at all by the way) is that it doesn't necessarily take into consideration the assist for the assist.  From what I have been reading / hearing, Enzo did a fair amount of that at Frosinone - even if it doesn't reflect on his official stats.  I can see their role being more about getting the ball to Tielemans, McGinn or the wide players who then claim the glory of the assist for Ollie.  It might not show as a goal creation threat but it's about doing the thing that creates the goal creation threat - like how strikers don't get an assist when they make the run that distracts the CB and opens up the space for the attacking midfielder to run into and put away a simple chance.

PS - I think his stats for Belgium are likely to be far more relevant to the way that we will be wanting him to play than his stats for Dyche.  It's kind of the reverse of using the Euros to assess the ability of England players...

Well for the assist of the assist that's often much more reflective in the ball progression stats which onana isn't very good at (Enzo is pretty good there) so he definitely needs to improve it. 

And even with that idea you still need the midfield to be able to create stuff because otherwise the opposing team can load up on the creative players and you are just stuck passing sideways. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Romano saying the here we go will come very soon, Barcelona wanted him too and were in talks with Everton

Barcelona is in talks with everyone, I think what happened with them is a big lesson for all clubs. They’re in a big mess. I think some clubs are good when they don’t spend, but once they get the budget they go into some trouble. If we’ve continued with Gerrard I guess we’d have had some issues but gladly our owners are much better than that.

• Like 1

Dougie was a quality player for us but on paper Onana is going to improve the team because he has attributes which make up for weaknesses elsewhere in the team, i.e. in the air, tackling and general physicality. That's not to say that Onana is a better player than Dougie (although he might be under Unai) but he brings a better balance to the team especially with Kamara out at the start of the season. I thought that when he first arrived at Everton that he looked like he could be a real box to box player. That hasn't panned out at Everton but he could develop into that player once Kamara comes back into the team to take up the 6 role.

Suddenly we have improved the first team:

Maatsen is an upgrade on Moreno / Digne

Onana improves us compared to Luiz

And improved the options / bench:

Barkley is better than Iroegbunam 

Illing Jr replaces Zaniolo (which is probably an upgrade)

Philogene? upgrade on Kellyman

Then we still have Ramsey and Buendia to come back and at some point Mings.

I'm guessing that Archer, Dobbin and Barrenechea are not going to be troubling the first team once preseason is over so in that sense perhaps they are replacing Sanson, Chambers & Coutinho?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Aside from just being a great transfer for a starting eleven player, this deal also has that air of "Top 4/6" about it. How many times over the years have one of the traditional big clubs snatched a rising star from a team in the middle of the pack to, not only strengthen them, but also to push that team back down? The same thing used to happen all the time with Bayern in the Bundesliga.

All those years of losing the likes of Yorke, Barry, Milner, Young, Benteke, Downing, Delph, and Grealish... it's nice to be on the other end of it for a change.

Edited by JPAngel
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

That doesn’t make any sense. 

Yeah, I see what he was going for, but a Ferrari still works just fine when it's surrounded by a load of other naff cars. Good effort though :lol: 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â