Amadou Onana

wishywashy

Amadou dou dou, hand picked by Emery.

Amadou dou dou he's bigger than you and me.

To the left, to the right, jumps up and down and kicks their knees.

Amadou dou dou, don;t punch that referee.

Needs work.

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I got a few questions about this signing, but I do think it is a good signing overall and fixes a lot of weaknesses. 

The first question has to be can he maintain the level of passing he shows for Belgium. 

The next is can he improve his ball progression. Whether it be carrying + beating his man or through passing

And finally can he add more goal scoring + creation to his game. Ideally you want 5 goals and 5 assists from him. It would be difficult to play him with Kamara or Enzo if none of time are offering a goal creation threat. 

One of the problems with that analysis (I don't disagree with your general idea at all by the way) is that it doesn't necessarily take into consideration the assist for the assist.  From what I have been reading / hearing, Enzo did a fair amount of that at Frosinone - even if it doesn't reflect on his official stats.  I can see their role being more about getting the ball to Tielemans, McGinn or the wide players who then claim the glory of the assist for Ollie.  It might not show as a goal creation threat but it's about doing the thing that creates the goal creation threat - like how strikers don't get an assist when they make the run that distracts the CB and opens up the space for the attacking midfielder to run into and put away a simple chance.

PS - I think his stats for Belgium are likely to be far more relevant to the way that we will be wanting him to play than his stats for Dyche.  It's kind of the reverse of using the Euros to assess the ability of England players...

• Thanks 1

Am I missing something with the "if he stays fit" shouts? It's a phrase associated with players that are generally prone to injury, but there doesn't seem to be much of an indication that he is particularly when looking at his record.

Screenshot_20240713_135714_Chrome.jpg

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

Amadou - doo - doo

He was signed by Monchi

Amadou - doo - doo

Came to play for Emery

On his left, on his right, on his head and on his knee,

Come and dance every night to the villa melody

Sorry, I was late to the party.

I concede. Yours is better.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Am I missing something with the "if he stays fit" shouts? It's a phrase associated with players that are generally prone to injury, but there doesn't seem to be much of an indication that he is particularly when looking at his record.

Screenshot_20240713_135714_Chrome.jpg

Predicting that “ACL curse”

There is a Swedish childrens program from the 70's with this into. Never been able to read this name without thinking of this.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

There is a Swedish childrens program from the 70's with this into. Never been able to read this name without thinking of this.

That's nightmare fuel 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â