Amadou Onana

wishywashy

I kinda thought we'd be more in the  market for the next Onana coming out of France at a lower fee - but then you see he cost Everton 30m+ a couple years ago with just one year in Ligue 1 so I reckon it's worth the Premier League premium to get someone with a couple year's experience of the league already

if he can play 6 or 8 gives various options. looks ideal to slot in as the Kamara replacement initially with Barkley/Tielemans/McGinn competing for 2 spots. And then when Kamara back you'd have the option to have Kamara-Onana as the base in some games. Don't think Kamara is a pure DM either, he's comfortable on the ball and could push higher with opportunity. Between that lot (and of course, Buendia/Ramsey/Rogers + we'll see on the new ones like Enzo & Iling, we'll have plenty of options for how to set up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

🚨Everton FC have agreed a deal to become Aston Villa’s latest Youth academy. Everton are the second club to join the Aston Villa franchise after West Bromwich Albion Joined in 2021. Like WBA, Everton will coach, train and develop promising young players for their parent club Aston Villa. 🚨 

Naughty ha!

9 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Martinez

Cash/Kosta      Carlos/Konsa                            Pau              Maatsen

Onana                          Kamara

Bailey/Phil/Diaby        New no 10                    Ramsay/Morgan

Ollie

Thats a much better, more powerful midfield than last year

Impossible.

How do you ever get a better/stronger midfield unit without Douglas Luiz in it?

Blaspheme!

Yes... I'm talking shit to you @Jas10 😂

*Banter

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

42 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Reading the Everton forum they're livid at us for taking their star player. 

Some of the comments there are laughable, very similar to the comments Leicester fans were making last summer.

Excited by this signing, far better than Gallagher rumours.

The midfield has needed this type of signing for several years.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Martinez

Cash/Kosta      Carlos/Konsa                            Pau              Maatsen

Ollie

Interesting formation with Martinez at LGK. Who do you suggest should play alongside him?

:trollface:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, switters said:

I kinda thought we'd be more in the  market for the next Onana coming out of France at a lower fee - but then you see he cost Everton 30m+ a couple years ago with just one year in Ligue 1 so I reckon it's worth the Premier League premium

I think we will see a mixture of these types. Onana we know can come straight in and play whereas Barrenchea is more the project player coming in for cheaper. A nice mix. 

As for Onana I think this will be a fantastic pick up and add some much needed qualities we’ve lacked. From games I’ve seen I recall him being a decent ball carrier too but I might be wrong. 

Just now, villan-scott said:

I think we will see a mixture of these types. Onana we know can come straight in and play whereas Barrenchea is more the project player coming in for cheaper. A nice mix. 

As for Onana I think this will be a fantastic pick up and add some much needed qualities we’ve lacked. From games I’ve seen I recall him being a decent ball carrier too but I might be wrong. 

We could argue Barrenechea is that, in the same position to be fair!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

People asking " What happens when Kamara comes back ".

Who cares, he's not here now.

It's not as if we can go into games, get bullied in midfield and then say to opposition" Oh just you wait till Kamara gets back ". 😂

We need a DM now!

It's a good problem to have.

We need 2 DMs in the squad to fight for the time on the pitch. CM is now real competition

14 minutes ago, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

Martinez

Ollie

No Emi 😞

This may seem dumb, but based on my little 7 a side experience, I know how much difference a big, powerful player can make to your side lol.

We've got a Cameroonian bloke on our team, who is not necessarily the best footballer, but he has very long limbs, which allow him to intercept passes, tackles, and things in the air which shouldn't be possible.

People also bounce off him which helps 😂

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Impossible.

How do you ever get a better/stronger midfield unit without Douglas Luiz in it?

Blaspheme!

Yes... I'm talking shit to you @Jas10 😂

*Banter

Oh you wanna go?! Let’s go! 😂

Which one is it? Stronger or better? Not exactly the same thing… 

With Onana - you get a stronger, more physical midfield but at the cost of creativity and technical ability. Boost the defensive side but lose something attacking wise.

But, I’m trying to see or imagine what Unai’s plan is.

I think we might solidify the midfield base, make it rock solid and robust. That should allow us to give the attacking players (wingers, wide midfielders, CAM, SS - number 10) more freedom and license to create and focus on attacking more. I think we are going to be harder to beat and score against which we really need.

Unai has fully analysed his squad, gathered the “data” (his words). Now it’s about addressing the weaknesses and becoming stronger.

I think we could see a number 10 player come in (or bring back Dougie? 😂) to play ahead of the midfield and support Ollie in attack - especially if we sell Diaby. We have versatile players that can play multiple positions too, Tielemans would be the main candidate for now.

Bailey to create havoc on the right and we have many options for the left wing.

Where does McGinn fit in, I wonder? 🤔 

It’s so good to have so many options.

I’m excited, I think Onana is onto the start and we are yet to see Unai’s master plan fully revealed…

I can see us signing a top class number 10 for CL… but I wouldn’t even be surprised to see us sign a technical CM either, Monchi is a busy boy and there’s not much we can call.

Let’s enjoy and be patient, I think the plan is coming together step by step.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2

Unai said something about “lacking power”… was that against Chelsea and/or Liverpool?

I think we’ve addressed that now, we won’t be bullied.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â