Amadou Onana

wishywashy

16 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

You must rate him higher than Luiz though? Right?! 

As a DM yes. 

59 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Bit of a surprise (hoping it’s a lower initial fee and goes up to 50 after add ons) but he solves a lot of problems/deficiencies for us.

He’s still so young and gets to learn from the master, Unai will be sure he can turn him into a top, top player.

Whatever Unai wants, Unai gets!

I’m guessing we solidify midfield, have a strong annd physical base, that gives the wingers and CAMs more licence to create and attack.

The curse of Elphick, already lost an inch in height Just by being linked to us. He will be 5’ seven by the time he signs.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’ve probably allowed Everton to keep Branthwaite… maybe they should focus on the positives?

Great, more United fans crying they got priced out 😂😂

30 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Everton fans:

image.png

Everton to Villa is a lateral move? In geographical terms, if viewed from no closer than the moon, sure!

otherwise? Noooooo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think we were seduced by how well he played with Tielemans v England in March.

Baffles me their manager barely started Youri in the Euros as they looked fantastic together in that game.

Interesting signing and straight away gives us much more of a physical presence centrally. 

However he is still very raw and wasn't even starting when Everton had that good winning run in final 5 games.

He also isn't a DM although perhaps that's the long term goal. We're signing so many 8s currently it will be fascinating how we line up v West Ham/Arsenal as that will quickly tell whether the reshaped midfield will cut it v higher tier teams.

Shit… only just realised he’s probably going to be our record signing.

But, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us smash that again in this window…

Edited by Jas10

I got a few questions about this signing, but I do think it is a good signing overall and fixes a lot of weaknesses. 

The first question has to be can he maintain the level of passing he shows for Belgium. 

The next is can he improve his ball progression. Whether it be carrying + beating his man or through passing

And finally can he add more goal scoring + creation to his game. Ideally you want 5 goals and 5 assists from him. It would be difficult to play him with Kamara or Enzo if none of time are offering a goal creation threat. 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I got a few questions about this signing, but I do think it is a good signing overall and fixes a lot of weaknesses. 

The first question has to be can he maintain the level of passing he shows for Belgium. 

The next is can he improve his ball progression. Whether it be carrying + beating his man or through passing

And finally can he add more goal scoring + creation to his game. Ideally you want 5 goals and 5 assists from him. It would be difficult to play him with Kamara or Enzo if none of time are offering a goal creation threat. 

Tielemans and McGinn will be required for that, possibly even more as one of them will be on the penalties now.

Onana with his size should be a decent threat from set plays so that's where he chips in with goals. Bulldozed in at the back post to score v Palace last season so McPhee will be taking notes on that.

His signing means we've got enough now to go back to the box midfields that worked so well v Arsenal and Man. City last December.

Martinez

Cash/Kosta      Carlos/Konsa                            Pau              Maatsen

Onana                          Kamara

Bailey/Phil/Diaby        New no 10                    Ramsay/Morgan

Ollie

Thats a much better, more powerful midfield than last year

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Tielemans and McGinn will be required for that, possibly even more as one of them will be on the penalties now.

Onana with his size should be a decent threat from set plays so that's where he chips in with goals. Bulldozed in at the back post to score v Palace last season so McPhee will be taking notes on that.

His signing means we've got enough now to go back to the box midfields that worked so well v Arsenal and Man. City last December.

You need goals and creation from the squad. If we are playing a 2 man midfield you really need at least 10 GCs between them to be a top 4 team. It seems unlikely Kamara or Enzo will be offering that which means Onana will likely be a 6 most of the time unless he can add that to his game. Obviously we got Barkley and Tielemans who can provide that when Onana/Enzo/Kamara are CDM. 

• Like 1

Interesting! That seems to have come from nowhere. Definitely a different profile to what we have already and I think Unai could work wonders with him. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â