Amadou Onana

wishywashy

7 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

25 year old established England international who looks like Ciaran Clark's long-lost twin

I am probably being very stupid here but who is this referring to?

• Like 1

Good point actually...

Imagine if Onana was English? He'd cost about £100 million; if you think of it that way £50 million is a good deal for an international player who is still so young.

Onana has massive potential, Emery will get that extra few percent out of him. Exciting signing. 

5 hours ago, FLVillan said:

Although 50 million seems like a lot, I'd take a 22 year old established Belgium international over 100 million for a 25 year old established England international who looks like Ciaran Clark's long-lost twin.... 

Leander Dendoncker signs for Wolves from Anderlecht | Football News | Sky  Sports

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

If it's true about Utd it is really funny.

They are so shit at everything.

Unreal signing this.

Such a reactionary football club as well. Am guessing the United plan was to wait until deadline day and lowball Everton into a transfer

39 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Such a reactionary football club as well. Am guessing the United plan was to wait until deadline day and lowball Everton into a transfer

Reactionary is a good description - look how they failed to bully Everton over Braithwaite, cried to the media about how United should have special treatment, all before massively overspending on Leny Yoro. 

6 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

I am probably being very stupid here but who is this referring to?

Declan Rice I assume. Rice is the player we all hoped Clark would develop into when he was a highly rated youngster, but that never happened.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Happy Onana day!

I wouldnt be surprised if he got announced with the shirt reveal to tomorrow (wearing it)

6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

50mil is not a lot for a player of his ability and potential. It's just what a player like this costs.

It is, but that potential is still to be unlocked. I back Unai and our coaches to bring him up to the level, but he certainly hasn’t looked like a £50m player since he rocked up in the Prem. I think Everton are lucky to turn a profit on a player who has flattered to deceive, shown fleeting glimpses but largely disappointed for them and Belgium at the Euro’s. £50m is a great deal for them considering he couldn’t get in their team at the back end of the season.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

It is, but that potential is still to be unlocked. I back Unai and our coaches to bring him up to the level, but he certainly hasn’t looked like a £50m player since he rocked up in the Prem. I think Everton are lucky to turn a profit on a player who has flattered to deceive, shown fleeting glimpses but largely disappointed for them and Belgium at the Euro’s. £50m is a great deal for them considering he couldn’t get in their team at the back end of the season.

All of this is difficult to disagree with.

However it seems to me that he is exactly the right fit for Villa despite his limitations.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

50mil is not a lot for a player of his ability and potential. It's just what a player like this costs.

When just about every top club was after him……that’s the clue to the price.

He still has a lot to learn, that’s why he has signed up to our project and not elsewhere.

However, he has the natural attributes our team has been crying out for, so I see a superb fit and synergy emerging.

He is still very young, despite building a huge reputation.

I believe this is a great move, for both parties.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

All of this is difficult to disagree with.

However it seems to me that he is exactly the right fit for Villa despite his limitations.

Every player has limitations if folk care to look for them. That’s why we have a team, and managers get credit for blending talent.

some players get over looked, because there is no appetite to look for their limitations.

i.e Messi was not exactly great defending set pieces🤣

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

I have seen Everton a few times, not forensically, but could tell Onana was a talent.

at 22 consistency is something to strive for, so maybe he had a form dip.

I think huge talent can be spotted in a struggling team…..Barkley was exactly that.

Don’t forget we had a hard time against Everton at Villa park in the cup.

I think the fee we have paid, comes back to supply and demand, and there was enough competitors to us, willing to pay it.

We can’t mug every player.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Good point actually...

Imagine if Onana was English? He'd cost about £100 million; if you think of it that way £50 million is a good deal for an international player who is still so young.

Onana has massive potential, Emery will get that extra few percent out of him. Exciting signing. 

It is all about perspective. If Onana was at Utd's academy, he would be touted as one of the best midfielders in world football

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â