The Luvvie Duvvie Theatre Discussion

3 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Are you implying theatre is ghey?

😂

No! Not at all. Just... You know... It's all about the show, the dazzle, the lights, the colours...

• Haha 2

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

No! Not at all. Just... You know... It's all about the show, the dazzle, the lights, the colours...

Yeah ok 😹

One of my neighbours is in theatre, acting and production.

And yes, he’s ghey and does drag regularly 😀

Saw Hamilton last night. Was determined not to buy into the hype. But, well, it deserves its reputation. It was a tremendous night's entertainment. Really was. Clever, funny, sad, intriguing, technically impressive, it had the lot. The way it messed about with time was fascinating, and very well done. The staging was effective if simplistic, but that was all it needed to be - the music and the acting were riveting enough as it was.

Honestly, I was genuinely impressed.

Oh, and the Hippodrome is still better than any London theatre I've been in.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Yeah ok 😹

One of my neighbours is in theatre, acting and production.

And yes, he’s ghey and does drag regularly 😀

I'm sure it's just coincidence.

Do a few Theartre shows . Really enjoyable civilised night out . Was only thinking yesterday can’t wait to go and watch The Nutcracker again just before Xmas . My last show was The London Symphonic rock opera in Birmingham the other month which was amazing .

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

You couldn’t pay me to go to one

Do you ever let yourself go? No belief in the joys of Santa , no lovely nights out at the Theartre 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do you ever let yourself go? No belief in the joys of Santa , no lovely nights out at the Theartre 😉

Plenty of nights in theatres in my life, I even used to run Theatres at the Fringe In Edinburgh for a few summers

A genuinely good play is a joy to watch. Musical Theatre are the piles on the ring piece of theatrical entertainment.

• Haha 1

The Book of Mormon is an absolute riot, whether you like theatre or not, one of the best things I’ve ever sat through - any thing, not just theatre.

Only went for the first time a few years ago as the missus is partial to it, have to be honest, as a once a year thing to do I quite enjoy it now, been to see Wicked and Phantom as well as Book of Mormon, Phantom was a bit too much for me to be honest but it’s the missus’ fave.

• Like 4

Got tickets to Ianucci's Dr. Strangelove later this year, should be corking. Last trip out was to David Tennant's run in Good which was, well, good.

Mousetrap is absolutely shite and I have no idea how it's endured. That's my one theatre hot-take.

We did Edinburgh Fringe last year. It was a glorious mess. Serious plays about Holocaust survivors, trans comedians, Sunshine on Leith (in a tent), and all points in between. We’ll definitely do it again soon, but knowing a little more now we’ll be able to hit it harder and see more. Less reading of the synopsis to consider if it’s for us, more downing some drinks and just seeing the next thing that’s on at the closest venue.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Do a few Theartre shows . Really enjoyable civilised night out . Was only thinking yesterday can’t wait to go and watch The Nutcracker again just before Xmas . My last show was The London Symphonic rock opera in Birmingham the other month which was amazing .

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB2OzvO7zIRK4CDXuqicS

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â