Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

BOF

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

Not for me unless you're really strapped for cash and already have Morgan 

And ask what you like...discussion is welcomed!

I’m not considering him, was just curious mainly due to him being in the England squad.

Who do you guys think is the best player IRL who is not much of an asset in fantasy? Does that make sense? I haven’t really thought about it much but when I do Declan Rice comes to mind immediately 

ETA: just checked, Rice scored 165 points last year, so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about 🤣

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

Not seeing this here, but in other fantasy forums people are absolutely obsessed with getting low team ID #s. I’m not exaggerating one bit, it’s almost as much a point of pride as overall rank/mini-league pergjrnance. Is there any tangible benefit to a low ID#? What am I missing?

I’ve been playing for over ten years, and while I have seen this obsession since day one I’ve never seen an explanation for it 

been tinkering with my team so much already today and quite happy with it so far, sure it will change quite a lot but going without haaland has allowed me to have an awesome midfield and very solid defence too...with watkins up top obviously who basically plays every game....liking the pricing this year tbh, there is gonna be so much variety in the teams....joined the VT league this year too

4 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’m not considering him, was just curious mainly due to him being in the England squad.

Who do you guys think is the best player IRL who is not much of an asset in fantasy? Does that make sense? I haven’t really thought about it much but when I do Declan Rice comes to mind immediately 

ETA: just checked, Rice scored 165 points last year, so maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about 🤣

Emi martinez! Best in the world but we don't keep a lot of clean sheets!

46 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Not seeing this here, but in other fantasy forums people are absolutely obsessed with getting low team ID #s. I’m not exaggerating one bit, it’s almost as much a point of pride as overall rank/mini-league pergjrnance. Is there any tangible benefit to a low ID#? What am I missing?

I’ve been playing for over ten years, and while I have seen this obsession since day one I’ve never seen an explanation for it 

I think it's just a bit of fun that maybe some take a bit too seriously 

15 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

👍👍 so, to be clear, I’m not being totally ignorant to some tangible benefit? I seem to vaguely remember there being some tiebreaker in which the lower ID # won but, as always, I may have hallucinated that 🤣

6 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

👍👍 so, to be clear, I’m not being totally ignorant to some tangible benefit? I seem to vaguely remember there being some tiebreaker in which the lower ID # won but, as always, I may have hallucinated that 🤣

nah i think the final tiebreaker is a virtual coin toss

14 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Anyone with any insight to share on Wharton  (CP) as a fantasy asset? He barely registered with me in the league last year but apparently impressed enough to play for England. Thoughts? 

Are questions like this cool? Or do we all keep our cards to ourselves? 

He's a DM isn't he?

I wouldn't go anywhere near him

8 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

Yeah it's just a bit of fun. There's absolutely no benefit except for the half an hour yesterday when you could have tweeted it and got a couple of likes

bonus points for being fouled this year ...  presumably Saka who spends 90% of his time rolling around every time a defender looks at him , will be worth  thousands of points this year 

12 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Actually, this does seem to be true

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2175965

No matter how long it is before the start of a Premier League season, the shrewder Fantasy Premier League managers register their teams EARLY to gain a possible advantage.

That is because the speed with which managers create their Fantasy squads can affect their chances of winning prizes.

If managers have the same points total at the end of the season, the higher rank is awarded to the one who has made the fewer transfers.

And if they have both made the same number of transfers, the managers will share the same rank.

However, when it comes to awarding the weekly and monthly prizes, if managers are level on rank, the one who was first to register their team is deemed the winner.

FPL is a game of the finest margins, so get your team in early to avoid ultimate disappointment. 

Just signing up and setting an auto-pick squad NOW could be the difference between mini-league agony and glory.  

• Thanks 1

So even in the initial drafts it looks like Watkins / Palmer / Isak are the current early days template.

Haaland only on 30% ownership. I'm astonished its that high tbh

54 minutes ago, bickster said:

So even in the initial drafts it looks like Watkins / Palmer / Isak are the current early days template.

Haaland only on 30% ownership. I'm astonished its that high tbh

how many just have their auto pick team still though? i know i do

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

how many just have their auto pick team still though? i know i do

I really don't think Haaland is going to be in 30% of the autopick teams

Even more so for the Watkins / Iask / Palmer combo

genuinely have no idea how anyone will have haaland in their teams. this is my first draft attempt and found it really difficult

anyone that has haaland is seriously compromising the rest of their teams IMO

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

genuinely have no idea how anyone will have haaland in their teams. this is my first draft attempt and found it really difficult

I had a go. I really don’t like it. Much rather have Ollie / Palmer & Saka than Haaland / Palmer OR Saka

Id also rather have all my other players I had to compromise on too

IMG_1905.jpeg

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â