Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

BOF

I’m gonna go for Maatsen, Rogers and Watkins as my villa 3, think it had good potential for attacking returns most games and allows for rotation….ofc Ollie will basically be nailed on to start if not injured/banned. 

just hoping Rogers is priced at 5 mil, konsa is 4.5 but feel like I need more attacking potential from a defender hence the maatsen choice 

1 minute ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I’m gonna go for Maatsen, Rogers and Watkins as my villa 3, think it had good potential for attacking returns most games and allows for rotation….ofc Ollie will basically be nailed on to start if not injured/banned. 

just hoping Rogers is priced at 5 mil, konsa is 4.5 but feel like I need more attacking potential from a defender hence the maatsen choice 

if rodgers is <6m he's definitely an appealling option, but expect rotation in thata position now JJ and buendia are fit

i definitely think maatsen will be a popular one

Just now, tomav84 said:

if rodgers is <6m he's definitely an appealling option, but expect rotation in thata position now JJ and buendia are fit

i definitely think maatsen will be a popular one

Agreed, I have a feeling we might see rogers played a bit further up the pitch in certain games, especially if diaby leaves. He’s strong, got a good shot on him and can play a bit so I think he could be played OOP in some games which will improve his stats even more

my twitter feed is full of content creators creating drafts...i keep following them because throughout the season they do post some useful info, but it's staggering how many are trying to create drafts with the few prices have been announced.

does anyone else look this early? i literally wait until 2-3 days before the season starts and really don't see the point of starting earlier

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

my twitter feed is full of content creators creating drafts...i keep following them because throughout the season they do post some useful info, but it's staggering how many are trying to create drafts with the few prices have been announced.

does anyone else look this early? i literally wait until 2-3 days before the season starts and really don't see the point of starting earlier

Which ones do you follow? I don’t do it myself but was always more than aware of what they were “creating” via a couple of fantasy ⚽️ forums I used to regularly haunt. To me they were useful mostly for comic relief 🤣

41 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Which ones do you follow? I don’t do it myself but was always more than aware of what they were “creating” via a couple of fantasy ⚽️ forums I used to regularly haunt. To me they were useful mostly for comic relief 🤣

really just the main ones. FPL Mate, lets talk FPL (Andy), Harry, FPL Family

i mainly follow for team news etc throughout the season and i get that it's their job to get engagements via twitter/youtube i just find it funny that they're putting so much thought in already

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

really just the main ones. FPL Mate, lets talk FPL (Andy), Harry, FPL Family

i mainly follow for team news etc throughout the season and i get that it's their job to get engagements via twitter/youtube i just find it funny that they're putting so much thought in already

Oh man, Mate, don’t get me started on him 🤣 I recognize the others except for Harry. What about Big Man Bakar? 

2 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Oh man, Mate, don’t get me started on him 🤣 I recognize the others except for Harry. What about Big Man Bakar? 

yeah he was particularly bad last summer with creating drafts before any prices came out! but genuinely i don't dislike any of them, just find it funny how much thought they're putting in before all the prices are even out

yeah big man bakar is decent...think he's been on the FPL juice show a few times? that's the one i don't miss an episode of

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah he was particularly bad last summer with creating drafts before any prices came out! but genuinely i don't dislike any of them, just find it funny how much thought they're putting in before all the prices are even out

yeah big man bakar is decent...think he's been on the FPL juice show a few times? that's the one i don't miss an episode of

I have heard of Juice, of course, but never seen it. Watching any of them is a personal bridge too far 🤣

Bakar became a punching bag in some circles, and have to say it was partially deserved, IMO. I 100% didn’t like how people poked fun of things like his appearance, but fine with folks taking to task his smugness, arrogance, and general lack of self-awareness

You ever frequent Fantasy Football Scout? 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

14 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I have heard of Juice, of course, but never seen it. Watching any of them is a personal bridge too far 🤣

Bakar became a punching bag in some circles, and have to say it was partially deserved, IMO. I 100% didn’t like how people poked fun of things like his appearance, but fine with folks taking to task his smugness, arrogance, and general lack of self-awareness

You ever frequent Fantasy Football Scout? 

yeah Fantasy Football Scout is one of the tools i use for fixture ticker and points predictions

their pre-seaon team summaries are pretty good too

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

yeah Fantasy Football Scout is one of the tools i use for fixture ticker and points predictions

their pre-seaon team summaries are pretty good too

I never actually subscribed but was a regular poster there for several years. I was more interested in having a forum for general FPL banter than actual FPL strategies, tips, etc., so the free membership solved this.

I posted there using the same name as here. It’s probably been a year or more since I lasted posted there. Well, there may have been one or two drive-by posts but nothing regular 

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

25 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I never actually subscribed but was a regular poster there for several years. I was more interested in having a forum for general FPL banter than actual FPL strategies, tips, etc., so the free membership solved this.

I posted there using the same name as here. It’s probably been a year or more since I lasted posted there. Well, there may have been one or two drive-by posts but nothing regular 

i never used the forum actually. just used the website tools

Just now, tomav84 said:

i never used the forum actually. just used the website tools

Like ships in the night 🤣

You’re smart for passing on the forum. I feel even less intelligent just thinking of the time I spent there 😉

• Haha 1

Big announcements

More transfers. A new chip! See why this will be a season like no other in Fantasy

As we count down to the launch of 2024/25 Fantasy Premier League, we are announcing NEW features that will change your strategies and make this a season like no other.

Read all about it here and get insight from The Scout into how each change will affect FPL managers and provide new opportunities.

FIVE free transfers

Up until now, you've only been able to bank two free transfers. Well, if you want to be patient and plan ahead, you can now accumulate up to FIVE free transfers.

On top of that, when you play the Wildcard and Free Hit chips, your saved transfers will no longer reset to zero.

So you can now save five free transfers, then play any of your chips and immediately have five free transfers to use in the following Gameweek.

You've always been able to keep two free transfers when playing the Bench Boost and Triple Captain chips, so there's no real change there - except that you can now bank the extra three free transfers as well!

Much more in the link.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Big announcements

Much more in the link.

ultimately longer term planning is rewarded so there's benefit in keeping the same 15 for multiple weeks which i can see affecting the content creators who won't have anything to discuss for weeks

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

ultimately longer term planning is rewarded so there's benefit in keeping the same 15 for multiple weeks which i can see affecting the content creators who won't have anything to discuss for weeks

Also provides a safety net for casual fans who forget their team for a month, and can then make wholesale changes and not get (as) left behind.

• Like 1

I don't really see how that is going to help the game. As an example, last year I had injury issues for the first 4 weeks of the season and I was playing catch up squad wise, you could say I was running bad through variance of the game and eventually get the squad back on track. Now I could get back to a level playing field but someone who didn't have my injury issues is probably ahead points wise and also could potentially bank 5 transfers? I just can't see how this is a good change.

The big issue with the game is the pricing isn't reactive to the situation and that's what they need to fix. There's a lot of players who become automatic picks in everyones team, there's always a Palmer, Lundstram, Rashford where they are priced miles too low and become season locks which enables you to get to big players too easily. Likewise there's the flip side where you have dead picks, e.g Sterling last season started too high, you need a way to drastically reduce him to tempt people into what was a poor/below par player. I can already see now Mbeumo and Rashford at 7m are way too low.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â