Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

BOF

Not an exceptional read by any measure but hey, still got a week of the infernal international break to kill

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/article/2024/sep/07/how-to-become-best-fantasy-premier-league-manager-in-world?

One Saturday afternoon last February, a letting agent from Slough called Sundeep Jaswal sat down to watch Sheffield United play Aston Villa on TV. A lifelong Liverpool fan in his mid-50s, Jaswal had no interest in rooting for either team; but he did want one player, Villa’s Ollie Watkins, to perform as well as possible. Every year since the late 2000s, Jaswal had entered the Premier League’s annual points-gathering competition, Fantasy Premier League, or FPL, which runs concurrently with the top-flight English season and rewards armchair managers such as Jaswal for their foresight when it comes to anticipating which professional footballers will play well from week to week. For many football fans, the fantasy has come to assume as much importance as the reality. Jaswal was one FPL manager among 10,904,158 registered as entrants in last season’s competition. He had backed Watkins, that February afternoon, and when the striker scored a goal and set up two more, Jaswal climbed up the global ranks to become the top fantasy manager in the world.

9 hours ago, tomav84 said:

funny old game isn't it. my 2 keepers are sels away to liverpool and muric away to brighton...20 points between them.

shame about the rest of my team (except ollie)

I was hoping for Sanchez to fall ill so I could get Muric off my bench. Funny old game...

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â