Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

BOF

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Looks like they think Watkins got a touch as it was crossed. I don’t think it does but I’ve seen them give ludicrous stuff like this before. 

If they haven’t changed it by now I’d be surprised if they change it at all

i didn't think so either but just saw a replay on MOTD that shows the direction of the ball slightly change

Watkins did get a slight touch on the ball.

My last minute pre-GW decision to bring in Haaland has definitely paid off so far. At this rate, he will be 16.0 next season.

56 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i didn't think so either but just saw a replay on MOTD that shows the direction of the ball slightly change

It’s still incredibly generous

On 30/08/2024 at 20:22, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Did the same with Pickford, though I really want him gone, 

They're gone now the useless words removed. Genuinely don't even want to wait until after the international break to bin them off

owning salah is really softening the blow of not having haaland. those two are absolute machines

as things stand, they're still exactly level on points

Edited by tomav84

8 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

owning salah is really softening the blow of not having haaland. those two are absolute machines

as things stand, they're still exactly level on points

Indeed. The past two weeks it’s been nerve-wracking to see Haaland go berserker but then Salah does his thing. After yesterday I was all set to toss my plan into the trash and blow up my team, but then Salah, Isak, & Eze all come through for me . Now I can just sit tight and roll FTs or use one or two surgically. 

TL;DR what a difference a day makes 🤣

31 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Indeed. The past two weeks it’s been nerve-wracking to see Haaland go berserker but then Salah does his thing. After yesterday I was all set to toss my plan into the trash and blow up my team, but then Salah, Isak, & Eze all come through for me . Now I can just sit tight and roll FTs or use one or two surgically. 

TL;DR what a difference a day makes 🤣

i'm not sure i can handle the nerves throughout the season though when haaland smashes it on a saturday and i'm then needing salah to do the same!

i think whatever happens i'm holding off until GW7...liverpool's fixtures until then are lovely

24 minutes ago, bickster said:

Owning Haaland, Salah and TAA has paid dividends this week 78 points on what I think looks like a lower scoring week

That’s my score, with only Salah of the three you listed. 

19 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm not sure i can handle the nerves throughout the season though when haaland smashes it on a saturday and i'm then needing salah to do the same!

i think whatever happens i'm holding off until GW7...liverpool's fixtures until then are lovely

I don’t plan on using this bold strategy all season, probably just until WC, but if not having him becomes completely untenable in the next few GWs I have a cache of FTs that will easily allow Haaland 

20 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

That’s my score, with only Salah of the three you listed. 

I had Eze on the bench or it would have been higher :( 

In other news I probably have GK options for a few weeks as I have Fabianski on bench and Areola went off

Just now, bickster said:

I had Eze on the bench or it would have been higher :( 

In other news I probably have GK options for a few weeks as I have Fabianski on bench and Areola went off

My trust in Eze finally paid off, big relief. Just one match, I know, but he was close to big score in the previous two matches, so 🤞going forward

Just now, Nor-Cal Villan said:

My trust in Eze finally paid off, big relief. Just one match, I know, but he was close to big score in the previous two matches, so 🤞going forward

I was never getting rid, I just thought Fulham’s was the better fixture, next step is to probably get rid of one of my Fulham players

Mo and Erl too good. Likely will keep both of them still when I WC. These Liverpool clean sheets a pain with no cover however. 

Nkunku, what a **** waste of space. Done nothing and lost .2 on him. Finally getting this bloke out over the break. 

Edited by Farlz

On 02/09/2024 at 05:01, bickster said:

Owning Haaland, Salah and TAA has paid dividends this week 78 points on what I think looks like a lower scoring week

Didn't have Salah but managed 93. Went from 1.5m OR to 372k

• Like 2

Wildcard activated. Wasn't going to, because I had fantastic fixtures (a sea of green) with my current squad, but I just felt they weren't quite the right players even if they were the right matches. So pulled the trigger to avoid drops and price rises.  Feels good. Currently sitting at 5.4m so this will be a fun catch-up :)

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â