Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

BOF

4 hours ago, tomav84 said:

genuinely have no idea how anyone will have haaland in their teams. this is my first draft attempt and found it really difficult

anyone that has haaland is seriously compromising the rest of their teams IMO

Capture.PNG

IMG-0210.png

Feels like Haaland is going to be a pick for specific periods. Like post a wildcard for a few weeks with a plan to get rid after a few weeks. 

But it’s exactly what the game needed. He was a no brainer before and ruined the captaincy part of the game

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Feels like Haaland is going to be a pick for specific periods. Like post a wildcard for a few weeks with a plan to get rid after a few weeks. 

But it’s exactly what the game needed. He was a no brainer before and ruined the captaincy part of the game

yep 100% agree. i think (hope) that those that have him in their teams from the start will regret it. yes, he might haul against ipswich in GW2 but the question you have to ask is whether the players you're unable to select because you have him will collectively score less than just him alone...i suspect they wont

Ben white and Morgan rogers or saliba and philogene? I’m thinking of sticking with the former atm due to Rogers likely to play a lot in that support striker position whereas philogene is super talented but still we don’t know his game time….

17 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ben white and Morgan rogers or saliba and philogene? I’m thinking of sticking with the former atm due to Rogers likely to play a lot in that support striker position whereas philogene is super talented but still we don’t know his game time….

Just go with Saliba instead of White for a start. Gabriel and White have a bigger minutes risk this season I think. Extra £0.5 on White is a waste IMO. Definitely Roger’s over Philogene

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so my thinking so far and %'s of how certain i am of keeping them:

GKs - will wait before finalising. Chelsea trying to sign a keeper which will surely be 5.0 and i want to keep my keepers to 4.5m and lower

DEF

TAA/Robertson: 90/10%

Gvardiol: 100%

Maatsen: 95% (presumably will be starting for us)

4.5m defender, likely quansah (85%)

4m defender, maybe holgate (85%)

MID

Salah 95%

Saka 95%

Palmer 95%

Rodgers 95%

Andreas/Nkunku (interlinked with the trent/robertson decision. if i go with robertson, the extra 1m will upgrade to nkunku)

FW

Watkins (100%)

Wood - 70% - not sure about this one. Might go with joao pedro and use the extra 0.5m on a better keeper or something

Muniz - 90%

• 2 weeks later...

(A) Pickford & Porro

or

(B) Flekken* & Walker

*=open to suggestions for another 4.5 keeper 

this decision has me flummoxed. Not loving the idea of a 5.0 keeper and certainly not loving the idea of Porro. But if I go with a 4.5 keeper I will need to come up with another .5 to afford a second 4.5 keeper for rotation. 

my squad as it currently stands 

IMG-0331.png

Edited by Nor-Cal Villan

On 24/07/2024 at 09:19, tomav84 said:

so my thinking so far and %'s of how certain i am of keeping them:

GKs - will wait before finalising. Chelsea trying to sign a keeper which will surely be 5.0 and i want to keep my keepers to 4.5m and lower

DEF

TAA/Robertson: 90/10%

Gvardiol: 100%

Maatsen: 95% (presumably will be starting for us)

4.5m defender, likely quansah (85%)

4m defender, maybe holgate (85%)

MID

Salah 95%

Saka 95%

Palmer 95%

Rodgers 95%

Andreas/Nkunku (interlinked with the trent/robertson decision. if i go with robertson, the extra 1m will upgrade to nkunku)

FW

Watkins (100%)

Wood - 70% - not sure about this one. Might go with joao pedro and use the extra 0.5m on a better keeper or something

Muniz - 90%

Like the idea of Pedro & keeper upgrade. Not that you solicited my opinion 😉

17 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

(A) Pickford & Porro

or

(B) Flekken* & Walker

*=open to suggestions for another 4.5 keeper 

this decision has me flummoxed. Not loving the idea of a 5.0 keeper and certainly not loving the idea of Porro. But if I go with a 4.5 keeper I will need to come up with another .5 to afford a second 4.5 keeper for rotation. 

my squad as it currently stands 

IMG-0331.png

i'm not keen on flekken...i don't think brentford will be good this season (but i say that every year) so i'd be looking at other keepers. walker is at least a safe way of getting a city defender

i don't think porro is a bad pick at all...he's in my current draft

this is mine currently with 0.5 in the bank...the decisions i still have are:

eze - might change to luiz/jota if one of them is nailed to start (jota has been playing CF in pre season)

boly is a placeholder - they've been playing with wing backs in pre season (both 4.5m) and if that continues i'll probably switch to one of them...might even upgrade my 4.0 bench defender and have both of them

if we get conclusive info on who chelsea's #1 is then i'll probably have them instead of neto

image.thumb.png.96602bebf4a8d7d901cda63948cc9a46.png

6 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i'm not keen on flekken...i don't think brentford will be good this season (but i say that every year) so i'd be looking at other keepers. walker is at least a safe way of getting a city defender

i don't think porro is a bad pick at all...he's in my current draft

Thank you! Since I posted that I blew up my team a bit, with Pickford being the only one of the four I mentioned making the cut. 

Speaking of Pickford, do you prefer him or Martinez/other 5.0 keeper? 

4 hours ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

Thank you! Since I posted that I blew up my team a bit, with Pickford being the only one of the four I mentioned making the cut. 

Speaking of Pickford, do you prefer him or Martinez/other 5.0 keeper? 

probably emi given the choice if you have a 3rd villa slot

Hmm, just pissing about to look at what a team containing Haaland, Salah, TAA and Gvardiol looks like

This team gets 91/100 on that FFHub Ai team bollocks

IMG_0148.jpeg

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Hmm, just pissing about to look at what a team containing Haaland, Salah, TAA and Gvardiol looks like

IMG_0148.jpeg

i don't hate that at all

some are talking about going with something similar with the view to an early wildcard if it doesn't work out

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

don't hate that at all

Me neither, some of the positions are just placeholders I couldn’t be arsed transferring out like Livaramento who will only be seriously considered if Trippier takes the petrol dollar and runs

I'm also yet to be convinced that Sbozoszlai is the right mid for that price point

Im not even convinced you need to WC out of it with the new 5 transfers rule. You should only need 3 for a fairly major rework

Even 2 transfers takes Salah and ESR out for Saka and Gordon with 0.5 to spare

Take Haaland out and the world is your lobster with £6mil between him and Ollie 

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

IMG_0148.jpeg

I’ve got a draft that is similar, only significant differences are no Trent, upgraded mids (Bowen, Gordon, Rodrigo along with Salah) & Watkins over Isak 

7 minutes ago, Nor-Cal Villan said:

I’ve got a draft that is similar, only significant differences are no Trent, upgraded mids (Bowen, Gordon, Rodrigo along with Salah) & Watkins over Isak 

Bowen isn’t an upgrade on anyone in that midfield

Absolute troll of a player for me :D 

Im not exactly convinced Ollie is going to play in GW1 and Isak should have pens and I really hope Ollie doesn’t 😭

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â