General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

What do we think .....  Did Emma vote for herself or forgot  and her partner or mum  bailed her out ? 

GRspeX0bMAQk0eJ.jpg

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

OK. Aparrt from:

Run the economy.

Have a thought out industrial policy that doesn't purely support their mates. 

Invest more in the NHS and Social Care. 

Interact in a positive way with Europe. 

Allow Green energy to flourish. 

Invest in Green energy and benefit from it's profits via Great British Energy. 

Bring shit infested water companies back under public ownership. 

Bring a lot more transport under public ownership. 

I've a suspicion they actually will build a bit more of HS2 up to Crewe but probably not the full route. 

Act like grown ups. 

And And build more houses.

What will Labour do for us.

Will they scrap section 21 no fault evictions?. Not sure that was part of their manifesto. 

1 hour ago, paul514 said:

I’m sorry you find it upsetting that only 34% of people of the 60% who bothered to come out supported Labour 

I think what is meant here is voter apathy and reform taking votes off the Tories who only got 24%.

Very low overall turnout as well.

I often think about data like this and wonder at what critical low point does an elected government not have a mandate to represent the electorate despite "winning" the election?

It is the electoral system which we have used for many years, all parties know its weaknesses and will exploit it. Maybe the system in fact keeps out extremists. Reform got 15% of the vote, came second in what 90 odd seats yet only returned 4 MP's.

Everyone really needs to vote at any election, it's a precious thing denied to many around the world and should not be taken for granted.

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We need more affordable housing that people can realistically buy . None of these box houses with 3 bedrooms where you can’t swing a cat starting price £250k . 

Didn’t you say previously you had the option to buy your council house at a big discount? I can’t remember if it was you. If so, did you do it? 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

What do we think .....  Did Emma vote for herself or forgot  and her partner or mum  bailed her out ? 

GRspeX0bMAQk0eJ.jpg

Imagine how awkward that is for her friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues who all said they’d vote for her 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Imagine how awkward that is for her friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues who all said they’d vote for her 😂

image.png.5d20c45aadf601f4a99cfe39da46289a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

We need more affordable housing that people can realistically buy . None of these box houses with 3 bedrooms where you can’t swing a cat starting price £250k . 

Well said !

My step daughter and her partner are renting one of these modern 3 bed houses. The smallest bedroom can just about fit in a single bed. Virtually nothing else. No room for a wardrobe for the 10 year old granddaughters clothes, but the room has a cupboard where the hot water cylinder etc is housed in.

Surprised that there are not minimum room sizes for houses.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Better than Kevin Phillips Bong (of the slightly silly party) who got 0 .................(c/o Monty python election special)

20 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Remind me again.  What was the detailed Tory strategy to ensure this?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

I think there is a minimum size a bedroom can be to be called a bedroom. There was a story in the past where one builder was selling 4 bedroom houses, but technically it was only 3 as the “fourth” was below the minimum dimensions and buyers were kicking off because they couldn’t sell it down the line as a 4, and so it lost a lot of value immediately.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, delboy54 said:

Better than Kevin Phillips Bong (of the slightly silly party) who got 0 .................(c/o Monty python election special)

FB_IMG_1720190958920.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I find it weird how people can not be friends with people who have the complete opposite views on politics. Who votes for who doesn’t bother me and a lot of the people I know it wouldn’t bother them.  

That's just life.

People aren't friends because of which football team they support - and that's **** sport and has no bearing on life at all :D 

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Definitely prefer the new colour scheme.

GRuzI9nW8AEBesO?format=jpg&name=large

If only we had a parliament designed like this instead of our stale farty replica since the war, which promotes adversarial politics in a chamber that is too small. They still haven't addressed the fact the entire place of westminster basically has to be rebuilt but they are all terrified of telling the publci it is going to cost billions and take years.

I've got mates with whom I have absolutely never discussed politics. Couldn't care less who they vote for, their politics never comes up and neither does mine.

I do have some mates that are far more politically engaged, bring it up a lot, and I imagine we'd fall out if we had radically different views

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Didn’t you say previously you had the option to buy your council house at a big discount? I can’t remember if it was you. If so, did you do it? 

Yes and yes 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Well said !

My step daughter and her partner are renting one of these modern 3 bed houses. The smallest bedroom can just about fit in a single bed. Virtually nothing else. No room for a wardrobe for the 10 year old granddaughters clothes, but the room has a cupboard where the hot water cylinder etc is housed in.

There is. Minimum room size for a single room is 70 square feet or 6.5 square meters. It also must be at least 7feet wide to allow for a bed

Shared room is 110 square feet or 10.2 square meters 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

That's just life.

People aren't friends because of which football team they support - and that's **** sport and has no bearing on life at all :D 

I don’t get it. People being narrow minded calling other people narrow minded. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â