General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, MCU said:

Exit poll suggested there was a 71% chance Labour take the seat from Tories 14 years ruling in my constituency (Wyre Forest) last night. Woke up to another Mark Garnier Conservative victory... madness.

The independent ex-labour councillor (who was head of the Labour group)  made the difference. Had he not stood Labour probably would have won it. Not sure what happened there.

• Like 1

I mean, for all his flaws he had to pick up alot of shit left behind by Liz Truss who should be locked up for her crimes.

Anyway... we look forward!

41 minutes ago, sidcow said:

4 seats but their overall vote share is a massive worry to me.

Hopefully years of the Government itself failing to bang on constantly about illegal immigration and an actual reduction in small boats, coupled with improving services and peoples general "lot" will see them die back a bit by the next election.

I really hope you're  right. We can't  afford anything like a return to the previous government of we are going to address the big challenges we face (which  for me are public services, climate change, inequality, AI). 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He inherited a mess and he wasn't deranged like Truss and actually did his boxes unlike Johnson. But sorry I can't say much more than that. He offered nothing in his manifesto other than some tax cuts and some culture wars nonsense. His biggest legacy is chucking half of  HS2 in the bin after decades of planning. A very mediocre caretaker PM at best.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's spent months lying through his teeth, fear mongering and slandering people. He gets little credit from me for saying a nice goodbye

Off you ****, scumbag

Felt a bit like this with Cleverley's speech - going on about  how the complexity of the world can't  be solved by simple solutions when he has been going big on Rwanda for months

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Solihull and Shirley West remained Tory, and by a fairly big majority😔

Honestly, how could ANYONE (except @Rugeley Villa) think that they should carry on and have done good things for us.  I utterly despair that so many people can vote for more self harm because that is all it would be under another 4 years of Tories.  It's astonishing.

Only good thing is former Tory pervert Julian Knight who stood as an independent got hardly any support.  I shall however cherish the letter I received from him after I wrote a letter of complaint when Liz Truss was Prime Minister.  His assurance that everything would be fine now that Sunak was prime minister instead certainly proved to be wholly inaccurate.

I’m unhinged 

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Felt a bit like this with Cleverley's speech - going on about  how the complexity of the world can't  be solved by simple solutions when he has been going big on Rwanda for months

Hard Man Neil Baker was going all in on LBC this morning, in how we were **** over the next twenty years, have a demographic and pension time bomb that will destroy our economy, and no politicians want to talk about it. The day he gets voted out, he's willing to tell it how it is

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

That gave me Fulham away vibes 

That gave me Norwich at home vibes. "WHERE ARE YOUUU!" 😂

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hard Man Neil Baker was going all in on LBC this morning, in how we were **** over the next twenty years, have a demographic and pension time bomb that will destroy our economy, and no politicians want to talk about it. The day he gets voted out, he's willing to tell it how it is

In fairness,  they have been doing their best to defuse the demographic bomb by destroying the  NHS

• Like 1

I noticed Solihull North has been lumped in with someone else, and when I lived there it was just Meriden, which always votes Tory. So it was nice to see Labour win.

Oh but wait...Meriden and Solihull East has now been formed. Chavsley Wood is now part of Solihull east?

And still Tory.

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I noticed Solihull North has been lumped in with someone else, and when I lived there it was just Meriden, which always votes Tory. So it was nice to see Labour win.

Oh but wait...Meriden and Solihull East has now been formed. Chavsley Wood is now part of Solihull east?

And still Tory.

I am just baffled why anyone would have voted for them.  It makes no sense.  Unless you are a several times multi millionaire they will harm you.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I am just baffled why anyone would have voted for them.  It makes no sense.  Unless you are a several times multi millionaire they will harm you.

To some people, changing the party they vote for is as unthinkable as supporting a different football team.

It's stupid, but it's true

• Like 2

Interesting watching the Brexit PM's saleswoman Kuenssberg asking outgoing Tories why voters are rejecting them?

Uxbridge went red, btw.

I think this term for Labour is the real campaign. Do good, get things working again, give people a sense of social mobility without any scandals and that will go along way for people trusting central politics again.. do a real good job and it will give labour a better portion of the national vote next time  

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â