General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

I do take some comfort that none of Nigel's political grifts have ever established a decent central office or campaign strategy team.

Their strategy has always just been "get Nigel on telly", they've got nothing else.

It is the one reason I'm very nervous about the Tories getting desperate and welcoming him in

Andrew Mitchell shithoused a Southgate style win. Was disappointed to see that.

Posted (edited)

Given the huge mandate for labour with 400+ seats it's almost as if they have to be radical now and push the envelope a bit.

They can't afford to play it safe people voted for change...

Edited by AshVilla

Garnier still won kidderminster

beyond **** mental how the people of the town think that asshole represents them, probably more the reality that people vote for the party rather than the individual (but then even that is mad) almost certainly a case of keep labour out

45 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

To me this vote has been hugely important, I don't understand why the turnout is so low.

Maybe people are jaded by politicians? Hopefully we'll see some positive change now there has a been a change of Government and it will reengage people 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

I do take some comfort that none of Nigel's political grifts have ever established a decent central office or campaign strategy team.

Their strategy has always just been "get Nigel on telly", they've got nothing else.

It is the one reason I'm very nervous about the Tories getting desperate and welcoming him in

I would think that Reform vote count will see Braverman as the next Tory leader in a bid to get those Reform votes back  .. I guess their other option is to go down the more moderate route but you might see a swathe of defections to Reform for 2029

Mordaunt's speech last night suggested a leadership bid as well , but not sure how easy that will be for her without a seat 

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

You do seem to be attracted to mad men who spout bollocks.

Farage and Galloway are both excellent orators. If you sound convincing, you can fool a lot of people. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Given the huge mandate for labour with 400+ seats it's almost as if they have to be radical now and push the envelope a bit.

They can't afford to play it safe people voted for change...

before the votes count I was thinking the same .. but I think they will have ambition beyond one and done   ... The low turnout etc doesn't suggest a huge amount of love for labour beyond well at least you aren't Tory  and Leave seats having fairly high Reform votes will keep them a little bit more in check  , i.e they wont attempt to re-join 

so i think they will play it safe , all they ever said was in its the manifesto and fully costed  so i think we kinda know wat to expect .. though of course we could then get the "manifesto is more of an aspiration than a promise " line they gave us previously 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Maybe people are jaded by politicians? Hopefully we'll see some positive change now there has a been a change of Government and it will reengage people 

The airports are very busy this week, there must have been a lot of people out the country yesterday.  I don't know what kind of % it would add up to.

Just now, Lichfield Dean said:

Just why do people keep voting for that waste of space Andrew Mitchell? He does nothing, ever. So annoyed.

I don’t think most people vote for an MP. They vote for a party 

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

where is the post match thread where we get to vote for our man of the match then  ?

In a night of hats, the baked bean balaclava was well represented.

spacer.png

• Haha 3

Didn't vote as the choice was similar to choosing been punched in the face or kicked in the nuts.

No shock that Labour got in and it's exactly what the Tories deserved. You do wonder though what is coming down the line that made the Tories think July was the time for the election and are labour going to be labelled as responsible for what is to come.

For the opposition the next choice of Leader has got to be right or they could be in real trouble. Braverman is NOT the right choice.

Genuinely didn't think I'd be waking up in a Labour constituency for the first time ever.  Maria Miller ran out of the building, apparently.  Probably needs to check how much she's gonna be losing out on expense claims.  🤣

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â