General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, MCU said:

I know this won’t apply to anyone in this thread but for those passing through ,

Mental we even have to say this, but a polite reminder that you are not racist or fascist if you want to vote for Reform , no more so than Labour or Conservative. Dont let anybody (certainly strangers on the internet) convince you otherwise.

Vote for who you want to and what you believe in. (even if it’s the Tories). Theres this strange agenda in play where you are more socially accepted the further left you are and vocalise it. 

Well said 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worried how the stupid voter ID aka voter suppression law effects things in some constituencies. Won't affect overall result of course but already heard anecdotal evidence of people not being able to vote because of no photo ID. 

Hopefully (ha! It's keir) labour bin it off on day 1. Serves no purpose other than to disenfranchise citizens.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Not every person who votes Reform will be racist/xenophobic/fascist but every racist/xenophobe/fascist will vote Reform.

Some will still vote Tory no doubt 

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Ah. My apologies then!

So given that, what's David Johnstone ever done to you? 😉

It's for my reference, he's my local, so you all get to revel with me in my constituency being Tory free for the first time in over 100 years!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

And there are plenty of people are aren't racist / xenophobic / fascist but are still absolute bell-ends. And anyone who votes Reform is one of them.

Bell ends because they have different views to you? I know a Reform voter is a very nice bloke. I will say he’s not the brightest but he certainly isn’t a bell end. 

Just now, PaulC said:

Morecambe Library. I was the only one there. 

Mobility scooters probably still on charge for most of the electorate :D 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

Theirs a man with a Towbar out there shouting into the wind that his battery is only half full.

16 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Worried how the stupid voter ID aka voter suppression law effects things in some constituencies. Won't affect overall result of course but already heard anecdotal evidence of people not being able to vote because of no photo ID. 

Hopefully (ha! It's keir) labour bin it off on day 1. Serves no purpose other than to disenfranchise citizens.

That helps Labour more surely? Sweeping statement alert but I presume lack of Voter ID is concentrated on deprived areas which is hardly a hotbed of Tory acolytes. And also elderly groups who might not drive anymore or go abroad so passport expired (although think I read ID is accepted if it you look vaguely like your mugshot....).

If the under 20s are constantly showing off on Insta about weekend trips then their Voter ID is working fine and they can spare a few minutes to vote today which is important.

Was getting in the mood last night and watching the compilation of Exit Polls since 1992:

1992 a huge shock but before my time. 2015 was also a big shock at the time as everyone assumed it would be another hung parliament (and so no Brexit...) and 2017 was hilarious outcome but ultimately just lead to the slow political death of May.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

For anyone that wants to revel in the misfortune of some of the smug gits you've had to enjoy for the last 14 years, here some of the big hitters and tthe estimated declaration times of their consituency result:

Badenoch Essex North West 02:00
Francois Raleigh & Wickford 02:15
Hands Chelsea and Fulham 03:00
Duncan-Smith Chingford & Woodford Green 03:00
Braverman Fareham & Waterlooville 03:00
Fabricant Lichfield 03:00
Jenrick Newark 03:00
Morduant Portsmouth North 03:00
Keegan Chichester 03:30
Hunt Godalming & Ash 03:30
Mercer Plymouth Moor View 03:30
Shapps Welwyn Hatfield 03:30
Clarke-Smith Bassetlaw 04:00
Cleverley Braintree 04:00
Farage Clacton 04:00
Dowden Hertsmere 04:00
Jenkyns Leeds South West & Morley 04:00
Sunak Richmond & North Allerton 04:00
Trott Sevenoaks 04:00
Patel Witham 04:00
Williamson Kingswinford & South Staffordshire 04:15
Anderson Ashfield 04:30
Barclay Cambridgeshire North East 04:30
Rees-Mogg North East Somerset & Hanham 04:30
Johnston Didcot & Wantage 05:00
Gullis Stoke on Trent North 05:00
Truss Norfolk South West 05:30
Leadsom Northamptonshire South 06:00

*Disclaimer, some of these are unfortunately likely to win

Amended to reflect some errors pointed out by @ml1dch and to add the detestable Mark Francois and Andrea Jenkyns.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yes there are a lot of people who use  mobility scooters up here.  Be interesting to see what the turnout is here but only one person ife spoken to is bothering voting and she's voting for lib dens. 

6 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I would instantly cease all contact with someone if I knew they voted Reform. To me they might as well be saying, 'that Hitler chap, he had the right idea' 

i've deliberately not entertained any discussion with my dad around this election for this reason. he's been tory all his life, but i'm scared at what the answer would be if i asked who he was voting for this time

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rodders said:

I would instantly cease all contact with someone if I knew they voted Reform. To me they might as well be saying, 'that Hitler chap, he had the right idea' 

Do you not have boomers in your family?

Amazingly I don't know any reform voters, not even the elder adults in my family are reform, all Labour.

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That helps Labour more surely? Sweeping statement alert but I presume lack of Voter ID is concentrated on deprived areas which is hardly a hotbed of Tory acolytes. And also elderly groups who might not drive anymore or go abroad so passport expired (although think I read ID is accepted if it you look vaguely like your mugshot....).

If the under 20s are constantly showing off on Insta about weekend trips then their Voter ID is working fine and they can spare a few minutes to vote today which is important.

Was getting in the mood last night and watching the compilation of Exit Polls since 1992:

1992 a huge shock but before my time. 2015 was also a big shock at the time as everyone assumed it would be another hung parliament (and so no Brexit...) and 2017 was hilarious outcome but ultimately just lead to the slow political death of May.

Labour coud well get a simliar amount of votes tonight as back in 2017, but seems likely to get a landslide victory. Shows the first past the post system is a strange bird.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â