General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Jon said:

From my calculations a reform tory coalition on these figures would come to less that 40%. About 37 to 38%. 

Labour/Lib dem/ Green comes in over 50%. 

So yes, PR please.  

A camel is a horse designed by a coalition. 

Just now, Mandy Lifeboats said:

It encourages small extremists to stand and distort government by holding the balance of power. 

Wouldn't that just be representing the views of the people who voted for who you consider extremists? 

Just now, paul514 said:

Wouldn't that just be representing the views of the people who voted for who you consider extremists? 

Yes. 

But I don’t want a system where the Nazi Party, Hamas UK or the National Front have any influence on government policy. 

Yes. 

But I don’t want a system where the Nazi Party, Hamas UK or the National Front have any influence on government policy. 

Perhaps you should address the concerns of those parties then for the first and third example and stop importing the voters for the second example then

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Yes. 

There are plenty of proportional systems that prevent the most extreme and marginal views getting seats. Most of those who argue for electoral reform don’t want a purely proportional system 

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Perhaps you should address the concerns of those parties then for the first and third example and stop importing the voters for the second example then

Address the concerns of the Nazi party?  

That worked out great for Germany didn't it. 

Address the concerns of the Nazi party?  

That worked out great for Germany didn't it. 

Well you are the one who came up with the example, parties don't get any support unless there is issues they represent that people feel strongly about....

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DaoDeMings said:

There are plenty of proportional systems that prevent the most extreme and marginal views getting seats. Most of those who argue for electoral reform don’t want a purely proportional system 

How do you prevent the most extreme views if they happen to get 15% of the vote? 

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Well you are the one who came up with the example, parties don't get any support unless there is issues they represent that people feel strongly about....

Shall we take this to the correct thread?  

It's off topic for this one. 

• Like 1

How do you prevent the most extreme views if they happen to get 15% of the vote? 

Address the views of those people before it reaches that level of an issue.....

Just an idea, perhaps governments should do what their people want........... revolutionary 

9 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Yes. 

They already have a massive influence on government policies. How do you think Brexit came about?

Just now, paul514 said:

Address the views of those people before it reaches that level of an issue.....

Just an idea, perhaps governments should do what their people want........... revolutionary 

Let's use the correct thread. 

Just now, paul514 said:

I imagine Starmer, with his enormous mandate will crack on with what the country has said that they want him to do.

Farage, with his four seats can be ignored.

Just now, LondonLax said:

They already have a massive influence on government policies. How do you think Brexit came about?

by having a massive support 

Just now, ml1dch said:

I imagine Starmer, with his enormous mandate will crack on with what the country has said that they want him to do.

Farage, with his four seats can be ignored.

and that is exactly why when the next election night comes the left will be screeching 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â