General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

It has been an odd landslide with Labour getting about 37% of the vote and 400 odd seats.

What does that tell you?

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

The odd non batshit tory like Hunt still there probably good from a not turning into a far right group of loonies perspective

I wonder if right wing voters like him if left wing voters think he is decent

As an expat ( and I understand this is a very, very low var) at least those who have lost back home are conceding and doing it in a respectful way.

The opposition over here deny deny deny and argue and argue and never admit defeat.

Just now, paul514 said:

What does that tell you?

That politics is in flux, people change their voting behaviour more often, and we need electoral reform.

I notice yet another independent MP win in Blackburn, former home of Jack Straw and Barbara Castle.

That politics is in flux, people change their voting behaviour more often, and we need electoral reform.

I notice yet another independent MP win in Blackburn, former home of Jack Straw and Barbara Castle.

So it doesn't tell you there is no appetite for Starmers Labour when he has 3% less than Corbyn got?
Vote is down pretty much everywhere but midlands and scotland

• Like 2

Just now, paul514 said:

So it doesn't tell you there is no appetite for Starmers Labour when he has 3% less than Corbyn got?

Tony Blair got far fewer votes in 1997 than John Major did in 1992.

25 years on, do people talk about Blair's majority or the number of votes?

This will be no different. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Vote is down pretty much everywhere but midlands and scotland

Well there is but it is muted. I also think tactical voting has made a difference, and ultimately it is more the conservatives failed completely and enough people thought Starmer was an acceptable alternative.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

Tony Blair got far fewer votes in 1997 than John Major did in 1992.

25 years on, do people talk about Blair's majority or the number of votes?

This will be no different. 

Tory collapse as well.

Well there is but it is muted. I also think tactical voting has made a difference, and ultimately it is more the conservatives failed completely and enough people thought Starmer was an acceptable alternative.

Muted 🙃

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

Tory collapse as well.

Yup, both in 1997 and 2024. 

But now all you hear is how much enthusiasm there was back then for Labour. Wasn't really much different to tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, ml1dch said:

Yup, both in 1997 and 2024. 

But now all you hear is how much enthusiasm there was back then for Labour. Wasn't really much different to tonight.

people re writing history, they will fall flat at the next one

Clearly without Reform the Labour win would have much more reduced. And low turnout too, think saying there is limited enthusiasm for Labour is fair. More about kicking out the bastards than embracing the robot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rodders said:

Clearly without Reform the Labour win would have much more reduced. And low turnout too, think saying there is limited enthusiasm for Labour is fair. More about kicking out the bastards than embracing the robot

Correct this was totally about getting rid of the traitors

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â