limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, bobzy said:

“Stop the boats”

Did they stop the boats?

Do you think they shouldn't stop the boats?

Got very confused reading the BBC News site just now, where it was discussing the defence secretary potentially losing his seat. They said 'Could Welwyn Hatfield deliver one of tonight’s "Portillo moments"?'

Took me about 30 seconds to realise that Welwyn Hatfield is the constituency rather than another pseudonym of Grant Shapps. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

When did the Tory's turn into UKIP?

Did you sit out all of Tory party politics 2016 - 2024?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Suggests if the Tory’s move right as expected with someone like Braverman taking over you could see the Tory internal fighting going for a while , might see off Reform but a the cost of the moderate wing of the party 

Exactly. Currently they're combined with Reform still behind Labour in every result. 

Imagine how many remaining moderates they'd lose if their MPs started talking about shooting immigrants on the beach. 

Just now, ml1dch said:

Did you sit out all of Tory party politics 2016 - 2024?

No, I didn't hence why Reform is trouncing them

Did they stop the boats?

Do you think they shouldn't stop the boats?

They should stop the boats, just in a completely different way to the way they’re trying

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good point on BBC just now about the Muslim vote.  Labour lost a lot of votes because of Gaza. That will (hopefully) be ancient history next time round.  OK memories are long but inevitably it won't be so raw so not such a big effect. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

No, I didn't hence why Reform is trouncing them

What do you consider the main difference between say, UKIP's 2015 platform and what the Tory party did after 2015?

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Good point on BBC just now about the Muslim vote.  Labour lost a lot of votes because of Gaza. That will (hopefully) be ancient history next time round.  OK memories are long but inevitably it won't be so raw so not such a big effect. 

It would go a long way if they stick to their promise to recognise Palestine's statehood, even if they've dithered on it a couple weeks ago

Just now, ml1dch said:

What do you consider the main difference between say, UKIP's 2015 platform and what the Tory party did after 2015?

Well the conservatives didn’t do anything they actually pledged to do. So they did, nothing.

Just now, sidcow said:

s started talking about shooting immigrants on the beach. 

Anecdotal but I went to a funeral in Dover the other month and at the wake I heard a few people openly discussing exactly this .. I didn’t know these people so it wasn’t banter between friends this was out right in the open 

I can sorta see why some people are against illegal immigrants but to openly talk about machine gunning them from the white cliffs was frankly staggering and disgusting ,

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They should stop the boats, just in a completely different way to the way they’re trying

I agree!

they tried precisely nothing.

7 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Then again, maybe the time to say those things was, I dunno, anytime in the last ten years when they were busy turning into UKIP and he was braying along with the rest of them.

Seems a bit horse / stable door now.

Well I can imagine it. You're a steady Eddie kind of guy. Just get on with your job serving your constituency. Watching on from the sidelines as those at the top go crazy, but keeping your head down, staying out of is shaking your head at the madness... But carrying on just doing your job. 

I can see that. Sticking your head above the parapet won't really help you or your constituents, and they genuinely seemed the ones he cared about more than the party. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Equally Galloway who only recently won his seat mainly on the Gaza issue , is about to lose that seat already ( if I heard correctly) 

I agree!

they tried precisely nothing.

No they tried things, just the wrong things, they rejected the sensible options to pander to UKIP/Brexit/Reform with Rwanda.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Well the conservatives didn’t do anything they actually pledged to do. So they did, nothing.

Pretty sure that the Tories ran with UKIP's entire reason for existence, made it the identity of their party and spent five years making it the obsession of the country.

And are being hilariously rewarded for it this evening. 

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Equally Galloway who only recently won his seat mainly on the Gaza issue , is about to lose that seat already ( if I heard correctly) 

Hope not Hate were campaigning against Galloway too :D 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â