General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Ok seeing as labour is going to be in charge from 22:01 tonight, if those huge potholes on my local road ain't fixed by Monday morning I am voting Tory at the next general election....

We’ve had Labour here in the council and MP for about 6 months and it is noticeable how many (lots) of potholes have been repaired since they got involved. 

9 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Good morning, everyone 😁

Been looking forward to today for quite a while.

Looking forward to tomorrow more :D 

51 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Ok seeing as labour is going to be in charge from 22:01 tonight, if those huge potholes on my local road ain't fixed by Monday morning I am voting Tory at the next general election....

You joke but there will be SO many people in about 12 months time moaning nothings changed and it proves they are all the same. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Genie said:

We’ve had Labour here in the council and MP for about 6 months and it is noticeable how many (lots) of potholes have been repaired since they got involved. 

Yeah, that's my experience in Birmingham too.

guilty.gif

• Haha 1

Quite a solid flow of people first thing in Cardiff. Encouraging  though prediction is 99% Labour hold so unlikely to be a dramatic result here. 

9 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

The Daily Star front page tomorrow has it spot on.

lcimg-268ec0a2-946f-4f3d-9ece-b53e9e5b9130.png

The Star is tabloid trash but they’ve got that spot on. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Got this from a mate with Labour-connected family. 

It’s between 2am and 5am when the interesting seats get declared. Hopefully I can stay the course. 

We've had a leaflet from Andy Street asking us to vote Tory. It's like a mini, local version of rolling out Boris. 

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was incredibly amused to read that Rishi's favourite food is...sandwiches :D

Given you can put pretty much all food in a sandwich,  bar soup etc, it's  pretty much the same as saying your favourite  kind of music is music, except for whatever the musical  equivalent of soup is (prog rock?)

33 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

8.00am.  We had a queue of 10 people at 7.00am.  It's been busy.  It's great to see. 😀

We kicked off at 7.00am with a full compliment of 2 referees and 4 assistant referees.  We are all wearing black or white to ensure we don't clash with any of the teams.  We have 5 old hands who have worked together and 1 newbie who seems very keen and able.  

There's a nice atmosphere. The crowd are friendly.  

Hope it goes well and no one starts  chanting "who's the bastard in the black?" at you. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was incredibly amused to read that Rishi's favourite food is...sandwiches :D

You know when you have a favourite food and it's a bit involved and time-consuming to make from scratch - let's say lasagna - but you like to do it yourself anyway, at least from time to time.

Sunak has never done that. Not with lasagna, with sandwiches.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

You know when you have a favourite food and it's a bit involved and time-consuming to make from scratch - let's say lasagna - but you like to do it yourself anyway, at least from time to time.

Sunak has never done that. Not with lasagna, with sandwiches.

Sambas on. Clear Plan. Get party lickspittle to go out to Pret. 

Edited by one_ian_taylor
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â