General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Reform bloke on BBC reckons they will receive double the amount of votes of the Lib Dems

Libs projected to win 53 seats , Reform 13 

1 minute ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

What you do in front of the TV when you see a picture of Mrs Thatcher is no concern of mine. 

Just wipe the screen afterwards. 

Weird. Just build up a nice patina like the rest of us.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Pundits debating how Reform are getting a high vote. Like it’s an annommly 

these poor working class areas are like this. Labour or the far right mentality. 

if the far right are getting good turnouts in these areas then the areas have been let down by centre politics for too long. Nigel’s talks their anger about the “establishment” and they feel listened to for the fist time in years. Being heard matters to these people. 

the safe Tory seats will be interesting on the Reform vote

Edited by CarryOnVilla

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, I'm not seeing the exit poll being right yet.

Next one is a big one. Basildon and Billericay. Most have it as a two way between Tory and Labour with Labour the outsiders but Reform really weren’t that far behind, it really is a potential three way.

Edit: caveat the are local issues with Richard Holden being parachuted in with local Tory members

I've thought for a while that those are two (the above plus Broxbourne, declaring shortly after) of the biggest ones to show how the night goes. If they both stay Tory then we're talking 120-150. If they go Labour then we're looking at <100.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Reform bloke on BBC reckons they will receive double the amount of votes of the Lib Dems

Libs projected to win 53 seats , Reform 13 

And if ever there was an argument in favour of first past the post this is it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Pundits debating how Reform are getting a high vote. 

these poor working class areas are like this. Labour or the far right mentality. 

if the far right are getting good turnouts in these areas then the areas have been let down by centre politics for too long. Nigel’s talks their anger about the “establishment” and they feel listened to for the fist time in years. Being heard matters to these people. 

Yup, I think one of the key things is increasingly high immigration while wages have stagnated for 15+ years. 

Controlling immigration doesn't need to be a left vs right issue, but the left are terrified of speaking about it, so the right wins a lot of single-issue voters.

Hard to see a solution to that, when our economy is basically a ponzi scheme, and we have a rapidly aging demographic. It's getting worse before it gets better.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

I've thought for a while that those are two (the above plus Broxbourne, declaring shortly after) of the biggest ones to show how the night goes. If they both stay Tory then we're talking 120-150. If they go Labour then we're looking at <100.

Agreed. Broxbourne should be Tory but Labour aren’t that far behind in the projections

Cheer up everyone. Tories are out out out. 

I'm working my way around every open bottle of whisky we have in the house. 

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Basildon 56% tory hold, Broxbourne 95% labour gain according to the exit poll...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Cheer up everyone. Tories are out out out. 

I'm working my way around every open bottle of whisky we have in the house. 

Anything special?

I'm nursing a 1988 Cu Bocan :D 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not a chance. Reform are eating into Labour's lead.

Seen a stat on one of the shows tonight, Reform are dominantly composed of tory voters. Admittedly those voters could equally have just stayed home than vote for Rishi - but there's not much to show Reform are taking Labour votes away. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Anything special?

I'm nursing a 1988 Cu Bocan :D 

So far a 10yr Highland Park, a Pendragon and I'm moving on to a Glenmorangie. 

There is something unopened at the back of the cupboard but I can't remember what it it and I can't be bothered to fish it out again 😁

John Redwood moving his hands like a **** mad man 

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep, I'm not seeing the exit poll being right yet.

Next one is a big one. Basildon and Billericay. Most have it as a two way between Tory and Labour with Labour the outsiders but Reform really weren’t that far behind, it really is a potential three way.

wink-eddie-murphy.gif

• Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â