General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Seems to be Labours vote is up in places where more people voted Leave in 2016.

so using VT logic that everyone who voted leave is a racist , we can now safely determine that not all racists voted Reform as a lot of them appear to have voted Labour :mrgreen:

Just now, tonyh29 said:

Seems to be Labours vote is up in places where more people voted Leave in 2016.

so using VT logic that everyone who voted leave is a racist , we can now safely determine that not all racists voted Reform as a lot of them appear to have voted Labour :mrgreen:

All racists voted leave, not all people that voted leave are racist. Subtle difference :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Rees Mogg on BBC sitting next to pictures of Churchill and Thatcher suggesting that getting rid of Boris was a mistake.  

The irony. 

One of the pit falls of a decent hd tv is I could defo see some spunk on that picture of thatcher

• Haha 2

Grant Shapps  projected to lose his seat , no news yet on how Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox  are faring 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I take it as a badge of honour.

Bloody go-gooder. 

• Thanks 1

One of those seats that the Exit Poll has Reform winning is Hartlepool. That Sunderland result doesn’t really point to the exit poll being right in the Hartlepool seat.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Actually 25% is around where the polls had Reform for Houghton and Sunderland South, so 29% isn’t that much to worry about, it also seems to have come from e pelted Tory votes not Labour, Labour were around 48-50% of the vote

YouGov's MRP  was nearly bang on (they had Labour at 47.3% and they got 47.1%), and their overall result has Labour 431 and Tories 102.

So I'm curious to see how this plays out.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

*strokes chin*

Maybe there's more to this exit poll than meets the eye...

Curtis said the data is less reliable in Scotland so I wouldn't really extrapolate it to to what happens with Reform in England.  I'm still hoping they get a few less than 13 though.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Curtis said the data is less reliable in Scotland so I wouldn't really extrapolate it to to what happens with Reform in England.  I'm still hoping they get a few less than 13 though.

It's in Wales - but this is more about Labour taking Tory seats that the Tories had been predicted to take in the exit poll, rather than the Reform stuff.

Just now, ml1dch said:

It's in Wales - but this is more about Labour taking Tory seats that the Tories had been predicted to take in the exit poll, rather than the Reform stuff.

**** hell what a clearing in the woods.  I'm going to bed.

• Like 1

Anyone got subtitles for the victory speech in  Blyth ?  I can understand more French than his Geordie accent 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â