General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

I still don't quite understand how the Lib Dems are looking to get 60 odd seats on a vote which is probably about half of their glory years under Kennedy and 2010.

I think it suggests that either tactical voting is gaining more voters, or that they're targeting their resources better

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The prediction is that Sutton Coldfield and Solihull go red.

Tamworth remains blue, like the rabid fools they are :) 

Tamworth is/was red

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

This competition to declare first never fails to make me roll my eyes. 

Yes, I've just  been thinking how bloody silly it all is. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Where can I find exit poll information by constituency?

I’m not sure, but the bbc dude read mine out. actually, probably on the BBC news site

• Thanks 1

Just now, PaulC said:

I don't think they will. 

They'll have a voce though and it means we'll have to hear them flinging their shit around the house of columns for the next few years - small but loud.

Just now, Genie said:

Are you standing by the prediction that this is the end of the Tories?

My prediction was that they were dead, this is still an entire election cycle ahead of where I said the LibDems would be the opposition.

Theres nothing changed that alters my view yet.

We have to see who gets elected for the Tory Party and how the inevitable civil war pans out.

Things have changed slightly in that Reform are in the mix (possibly) but the demographics haven’t. the Tories support is dying out.

I don’t see Reform and Tory Party merging, I see them fighting each other and I see big fights inside the Tory Party

If the exit poll is correct we’re still ahead of where I thought we’d be in the death cycle

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The prediction is that Sutton Coldfield and Solihull go red.

Tamworth remains blue, like the rabid fools they are :) 

Aldridge and Brownhills staying blue too 😑

I had a vague hope we’d go red

• Sad 2

I would genuinely be shocked if Tamworth went back to Conservative, i’d take that over Reform though. That would be horrible 

How accurate are these exit polls usually? Trying to find an exit poll v actual result example from previous years but not having any luck

33 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

If Ed Davey spent more time taking the election seriously instead falling off things whilst gurning, they may have mounted a serious challenge to the conservatives.

At least Rishi and his band of self serving, pocket lining clearing in the woods have gone!

My parents both voted Lib Dem based on Davey's campaign in fairness, they liked the humour and found his approach to social care to be genuine and empathetic.

My own view is closer to your own!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Sutton going red. They'll be fortifying their Beemers and Mercs as we speak, and getting some sticks sharpened.

Hopefully means Conor Gallagher wants to move to the midlands now 😂

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â