General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

13 seats is revolting. i'd have been gutted with more than 5. that'll be seen as a big win for them.

Let's just hope it's the cult of Farage. UKIP became a total non-entity when he stepped down. He is 60 so at best will fight two more elections if it sticks to every five years.

Bigger problem if someone in their 20/30s emerges speaking his bile and connecting with some of the electorate as that's always been the issue for them, someone younger who can imitate him.

1 minute ago, ml1dch said:

No. No. No.

He been expected to lose for months. A Portillo moment needs to be something that nobody is expecting to happen. 

This is my portillo moment :( 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Shirley & Solihull Reform? 👀

**** me. Please no! 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

13 seats is revolting. i'd have been gutted with more than 5. that'll be seen as a big win for them.

If it was proportional representation, they'd be on course for over 100 seats. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Follyfoot said:

I don’t disagree but not until threy can have a concept of what it actually is. Should not be for 4/5/6 year olds IMO. Very much the same way as children run around naked with no inhibition in the early years but once they understand they cover up, same concept.

I have no idea when it’s good idea is to introduce the idea of gender to children. It’s hard for just me to judge alone. Deal with it as (or if) it comes along is probably the best solution. Kind of like the birds and bees. You just know when you have to make that awkward conversation 

Just now, Davkaus said:

How do you reckon Sunak reacted?

I think he fist-pumped and started packing a suitcase.

He was packing his bags 23rd May tbf. Just made sure to keep his favourite underpants to one side for moving day

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I doubt the exit poll is able to calculate those results as they are utterly different parties.

I agree… but they also literally did no work in NI. They had zero people on the ground.

There’s 1.5 million people there, and BBC/Sky News sent no-one.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

How do you reckon Sunak reacted?

I think he fist-pumped and started packing a suitcase.

Had a sandwich. 

• Haha 4

Just now, Enda said:

I agree… but they also literally did no work in NI. They had zero people on the ground.

There’s 1.5 million people there, and BBC/Sky News sent no-one.

I mean, I can't say this in a way that doesn't sound disrespectful, but they're literally irrelevant when the result is like this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I feel that any answer you do give might then get lost in exit poll analysis at 10pm, but I'll try and remember to come back to you in that 11pm - midnight lull!

Turnout in my own station was very high.  But the Liberal candidate is also a popular and effective Liberal councillor for that area.  So turnout was probably much higher because of personal loyalty to a particular candidate. 

But from speaking to colleagues in other polling stations it seems a pretty standard turnout overall.  

I obviously couldn't talk up a candidate whilst the poll was open. 

• Thanks 1

Presumably all the reform votes will be in the seaside towns near the French coast … 13 is a lot considering 5 weeks ago the discussion was around how they might get a big share of votes but no actual seats 

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â