General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Nadine Dorries being told to 'get over Boris Johnson'

Alastair Campbell lad, she's been over Boris many many times, usually naked and staring into wish big fat racist incompetent waffle head.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Haven't exit polls been pretty accurate for the Tories in recent years? 

Pre the exit poll they seem to underestimate the right wing votes. Same with Brexit

Edited by Genie

Hunt being unseated would be the new Portillo moment, it would make him the first chancellor to ever lose his seat.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Teach them the words and the concepts so they to know and express how they’re feeling. 

I don’t disagree but not until they can have a concept of what it actually is. Should not be for 4/5/6/7 year olds IMO. Very much the same way as children run around naked with no inhibition in the early years but once they understand they cover up, same concept.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

I reckon Reform will squeeze an extra seat or 2 there. Regardless, I’m intrigued to see their total vote count. 

I know it’s not the headline result of the election, but lol at the BBC not even bothering to poll in Northern Ireland. It really speaks volumes about how little London thinks about that part of this island.

Just now, MCU said:

I reckon Reform will squeeze an extra seat or 2 there. Regardless, I’m intrigued to see their total vote count. 

The last number 2 I squeezed reminded me of reform tbh

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Nah that’s definitely weird but  each to their own , there is no right or wrong answer to who your friends are .

I can honestly say I don’t meet someone for the first time and ask them how they vote before I determine if we can be friends or not , as I say I don’t even know how my brother or parents vote it’s just not something I’d even give a consideration to in my life 

I haven’t asked how anyone votes, but because we all share similar beliefs it’s quite obvious to me. I could be wrong, but I can imagine all of my friends and family say **** the tories and **** brexit. Beyond that it doesn’t matter much.

Edited by fightoffyour

13 seats is revolting. i'd have been gutted with more than 5. that'll be seen as a big win for them.

• Like 1

Just now, Enda said:

I know it’s not the headline result of the election, but lol at the BBC not even bothering to poll in Northern Ireland. It really speaks volumes about how little London thinks about that part of this island.

I doubt the exit poll is able to calculate those results as they are utterly different parties.

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Incredible how it's the worst result for the Tories probably ever and it's still just... meh.

Well it took them 13 years to bounce back from 1997 and even then they couldn't win an outright majority despite Cameron at the time giving them a fresh feel.

That said Kier is just steady as he goes on policy and general banal utterances so people will probably be tired of that after five years so could be a good idea to get someone fresh waiting in the wings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I just couldn't see the tories go below 100. 130 odd is still horrific for them, that is 35 less than 97.

I got my calculator out. It’s 33 MORE than 97 actually. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Hunt being unseated would be the new Portillo moment, it would make him the first chancellor to ever lose his seat.

No. No. No.

He been expected to lose for months. A Portillo moment needs to be something that nobody is expecting to happen. 

It will be all about the economy. If Labour can achieve real 'growth' in the next five years (though seemingly w/o entering the single market) and keep this seemingly informal alliance with the libdems whilst the tories eat themselves in opposition, they should be re-elected. Should.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â