General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

13 seats isn't a lot, but if the pre-election estimates are accurate I reckon that puts them on about 16-18% of the vote?

Just now, Rodders said:

Underwhelming. Which is what labour deserves. Reform votes are disgusting but not surprising. Alot of deeply unpleasant people about

Its not underwhelming. If the exit poll is accurate it is  a huge landslide defeat and a crushing defeat for the tories.  And the lib dems bouncing back being the biggest 3rd party.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Good news on the majority, but the 2-4 are horrendous. 13 Reform seats disgusts me, and the Tories still on double the Lib Dems So many millions of people who wanted another 5 years of these scum.

Ah well, job done.

If Ed Davey spent more time taking the election seriously instead falling off things whilst gurning, they may have mounted a serious challenge to the conservatives.

At least Rishi and his band of self serving, pocket lining clearing in the woods have gone!

• Like 2

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Its not underwhelming. If the exit poll is accurate it is  a huge landslide defeat and a crushing defeat for the tories.  And the lib dems bouncing back being the biggest 3rd party.

Ha yeah fair enough! Guess I really wanted to believe the more extreme polls :D

I suspect there must be some very tight races amongst all that.  All that really matters is no more Tories and a huge mandate for Labour with some sensible people in charge.

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

If Ed Davey spent more time taking the election seriously instead falling off things whilst gurning, they may have mounted a serious challenge to the conservatives.

I think he'd have got far less attention and an even lower vote share

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I don’t find it weird at all. I’m a kid 30 year old (just for a you get age perspective) and I can confidently say that all of my friends and family are vehemently anti Tory. If I found out someone was a closest blue I’m honestly not sure how the relationship would continue.

Nah that’s definitely weird but  each to their own , there is no right or wrong answer to who your friends are .

I can honestly say I don’t meet someone for the first time and ask them how they vote before I determine if we can be friends or not , as I say I don’t even know how my brother or parents vote it’s just not something I’d even give a consideration to in my life 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That exit poll is a bit gutting

Tory votes are always underestimated.

Still a crushing win though. 

15 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

How on  earth would they know what they feel at that age?

Teach them the words and the concepts so they to know and express how they’re feeling. 

3 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Ha yeah fair enough! Guess I really wanted to believe the more extreme polls :D

I just couldn't see the tories go below 100. 130 odd is still horrific for them, that is 35 less than 97.

• Like 1

Just now, Davkaus said:

I think he'd have got far less attention and an even lower vote share

But it became too gimmicky and therefore they lost any credibility. He could have done a few, grabbed our attention and then got us with the serious issues they would address.

Instead he plugged away with the cheap laughs like budget mayoral Boris. 

Just now, Genie said:

Literally every time they under estimate the right wing vote. People lie to the pollsters and then tick the Tory/Reform box 

Haven't exit polls been pretty accurate for the Tories in recent years? 

The worst ever performance by the Tories. That's a comforting two fingers up to the most corrupt and nasty group of charlatans ever. FU Rishi, Boris, and Liz.

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â