General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Don’t know what else you want me to say really just my views mate 

Not particularly a thought out view, when you struggle to answer a basic questions about it. You seem so committed, I thought you’d have a bit more to back it up 

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

How informed are these views?

What do you think they actually teach?

I’m not stupid enough to think they are promoting it as cool . Offer support to individuals by no means. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Not particularly a thought out view, when you struggle to answer a basic questions about it. You seem so committed, I thought you’d have a bit more to back it up 

It’s pretty much black and white for me regarding children. Boy/Girl. If the boy wants to dress up and pretend to be a girl because he wants to be a girl does that make him a girl? 

Posted (edited)

Does the curriculum have civics lessons these days (or some equivalent of it)? I don't really know.

In my day they briefly taught you about a few of the different religions in RE and that was about it. Are children actually taught about disabled people, mental illness, and homosexuality, and about all the various minorities, ethnicities and societal groups someone may encounter in modern Britain? Or is the expectation that children will learn about that via everyday life rather than it needing to be formally taught? Because if they're not then I'm not sure trans people warrant having a place on the curriculum above all the other groups that we don't directly teach children about.

Also, a school not teaching it isn't the same as a school not being prepared to support staff or pupils suffering from gender dysphoria. Presumably that's the same for most things? It's not actively taught but support is there if you need it.

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I think they already know without it being taught at school . They watch TV , social media etc etc . Leave schools to teach what they get paid to teach . 

So if they know it anyway, and this is all in the name of avoiding them getting "confused" doesn't refusing to acknowledge it...y'know, risk making them *more* confused?

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

It’s pretty much black and white for me regarding children. Boy/Girl. If the boy wants to dress up and pretend to be a girl because he wants to be a girl does that make him a girl? 

Not always… because the subject isn’t black and white 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wouldn't want any of my kids listening to Right Said Fred. Horrific!

Harsh. Deeply Dippy was always an absolute school disco banger.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Any hoo. If you swim in shit sometimes it sticks to your trunks. 

So without question in this labour target the labour literature has out numbered the other parties zero vs a small rainforest. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The tragedy is that people towards the right who don't want gender neutral toilets, or kids being taught about different people also tend to not really like fundamentalist muslims very much, when they should be great mates :D 

It's like rain on your wedding  day

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MCU said:

Precisely. Why on earth would this be pushed in school? 

As a teacher myself I'd love to hear how this gets pushed in schools.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Well, no, but openly admitting that there should be a ruling class is something you’re unlikely to hear from even the most conservative of upper class Conservatives. Although wrong and deceitful, they’ll usually hide it behind some rehearsed rhetoric that what’s good for them is good for everyone, baking a bigger cake for everyone to share and trickle down economics, all that crap. Or at a stretch, they might say that social inequality is fair because the rich work harder, and hard work should be rewarded. Again, it’s deluded crap, but at least there’s an attempt to pretend to be for equal opportunity. 

To say there should be a ruling class is to say some people are just better by birth, and thus deserving of privilege. To me, that’s completely absurd, and especially shocking coming from someone who isn’t himself a member of the reality-ignorant elite. You’re essentially saying you yourself don’t deserve the same opportunities in life as everybody else, that you are worth less by birth alone. Why would anyone say that? 

That Constance Marten who ran away and neglected her baby till it died was from the ruling classes. Maybe they could make her minister for Children or something because she's genetically programmed for it. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, VillaPilgrim said:

There isn't an agenda to push it in schools. Support is provided to pupils if they ask for it which you would expect. Simply another lie from Farage to appeal to his believers.

Oh I'm sure there will be once you've immersed yourself in social media nonsense or spent a lot of time chatting to your local Reform characters down the pub. 

There will be double Trans Ideology fit in on Tuesdays between PE and Geography. 

Probably taught by an illegal immigrant who went down the benefits Office the second he got off the boat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â