General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

I’d say this a perfect example of why it should be taught in schools.

That’s fair enough, I just disagree and that’s ok too.

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s fair enough, I just disagree and that’s ok too.

Me, you and many others. :thumb:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What I should say then is I accept there’s a ruling class and I’m comfortable with that. It’s just the way it is imo.  Can’t imagine the country or the world without it. 

Well, it’s slightly better, but still an utterly defeatist idea. 

• Like 1

Just now, MCU said:

Me, you and many others. :thumb:

What is it thats being taught in schools? So far it seems that its unsure if it is, what it is, but if it was people would be against it. 

Just now, El Zen said:

Well, it’s slightly better, but still an utterly defeatist idea. 

It possibly is. Strange how im comfortable with these views I have and fully accepting because I come from a very normal working/middle class family. 

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

What is it thats being taught in schools? So far it seems that its unsure if it is, what it is, but if it was people would be against it. 

As I said I’m not sure it is but I’d be against schools promoting that it’s ok to identify as a gender neutral or boys as girls and vice versa. Let’s not normalise it and let’s not confuse kids even more. 

As I said I’m not sure it is but I’d be against schools promoting that it’s ok to identify as a gender neutral or boys as girls and vice versa. Let’s not normalise it and let’s not confuse kids even more. 

What’s confusing about it? 

• Like 2

Not knowing that what they are exists in a wider context will confuse them far more

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What’s confusing about it? 

Kids identify two sexes. A little boy will have a penis and a little girl a vagina . Let’s just keep it like that at school . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

I expect Wrexham will swing back to Labour after 4 years of a car crash MP we've had in Sarah Atkinson/Conservatives.

Labour feel like Tory light these days so aren't expecting giant change if they're back in. 

I voted Plaid Cymru as the Labour candidate doesn't really inspire anything in me. 

I expect Reform to steal a lot of Tory and Lib Dem votes here.

Kids identify two sexes. A little boy will have a penis and a little girl a vagina . Let’s just keep it like that at school . 

What if they as individuals feel differently? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Kids identify two sexes. A little boy will have a penis and a little girl a vagina . Let’s just keep it like that as school . 

Precisely. Why on earth would this be pushed in school? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

What if they as individuals feel differently? 

They may feel differently but the boy who feels like a girl has a penis. I find it very hard trying to move away from that alone. 

Are they allowed to learn about same sex relations?

Boys only go out with girls and girls only go out with boys. Keep it simple like that?

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Children like simplicity.  So do adults. But the world is more complex. Children are curious. Transgender people exist. So children will ask questions. Isn't  is a good thing for schools to answer questions children might have and to help them make some sense of the world?

This.

2 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Children like simplicity.  So do adults. But the world is more complex. Children are curious. Transgender people exist. So children will ask questions. Isn't  is a good thing for schools to answer questions children might have and to help them make some sense of the world?

Just doesn’t sit right with me that we should be trying to normalise it to kids . I understand some of the issues some may have but I’m quite strong on this opinion. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â