General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Just now, Davkaus said:

I was incredibly amused to read that Rishi's favourite food is...sandwiches :D

You mixing up your Sunak’s and Southgate’s?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, bickster said:

McVile does have a history of losing… :D 

Braverman would absolutely be a Portillo moment (so would Badenoch but can’t see that at all - Sunak slightly more likely)

There's also JRM

Not a minister, but is there the slightest  chance  Truss could lose her seat? I'd love to see who she would blame. The shady cabal of farmers in Norfolk who feed beef burgers to swans? The woke pedestrianisation mob?

Edited by one_ian_taylor

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Not a minister, but is there the slightest  chance  Truss could lose her seat? I'd love to see who she would blame. The shady cabal of farmers in Norfolk who feed beef burgers to swans? The whole pedestrianisation mob?

Yeah not a minister but still a prominent arsehole

Truss could definitely lose her seat.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You mixing up your Sunak’s and Southgate’s?

Nah, he was on This Morning to drop that bombshell, it's properly tickled me, he can't even get that right :D

"Play it safe, Rishi, don't want to offend anyone"

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yep I'll be mainly on Ch4 because a whole night of LauraK would make me rather ill

I think I may initially go BBC just to see LK's face when she announces the exit poll. Then it'll be channel 4. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh just in case you liked the Representative for North East Somerset

Damn, I really liked him before I read that.

Such excellent taste in hats. And friends.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

New VT word filter?

No it’s the brother of the previous one that was similar that we had to change when the representative for Wellingborough actually lost his seat in a by-election. Hopefully we’ll need a third one on Friday but the choice will be limited :D 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

No it’s the brother of the previous one that was similar that we had to change when the representative for Wellingborough actually lost his seat in a by-election. Hopefully we’ll need a third one on Friday but the choice will be limited :D 

I have a feeling it might be "representative for Clacton"

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

So I got over my shock (for those who are remotely interested) and wrote back:

"This just confirms that it all started to go wrong when we gave women the vote"

They've been strangely silent since

After causing a massive schism in the extended family that had lead to two halves of the family not talking for the last 8 years, I have learned to remain studiously silent when politics comes up  among family or colleagues. Especially after a couple of drinks :D

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

Oh just in case you liked the Representative for North East Somerset

The question is, why the ****?  What's he going to get out of Galloway being an MP?

I normally prefer Sky News but Kay Burley pisses me off and seems to be their number one presenter these days.  So it'll be BBC most likely.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

Gotta be a bit of GBNews thrown in there, I want to see them just after Farridge loses Clacton.

That moment will be special, it’s up there as a potential highlight

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Handy sheet to cross them off.

spacer.png

This is helpful. It could get like the end of the Godfather where so many people are getting topped that you lose track of who has gone

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Is JRM likely to be wiped out also? That will be another amazing moment.

Quite likely up against the regions Metro Mayor

• Thanks 1

Mildly surprised in work today when people started skirting around the issue of politics, it being a bit of a down day on the footyballs. Apparently, the smart money has noticed I say some slightly barbed things about the two cheeks of the same arse, so they have me down as a LibDem.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â