General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Neil Kinnock's live reaction to that was probably my highlight of the night

Yes time hasn't mellowed his opinion on him.  I suspect most Labour MP's views on Corbyn wold be more charitable. 

5 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Neil Kinnock's live reaction to that was probably my highlight of the night

I can't find this, what happened?

5 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

The Gaza/Palestine fanboys/girls are the worst. 

Go Jess Phillips!

My parents have spent quite a bit of time with Jess Phillips and think she's lovely.

14 hours ago, Enda said:

I know it’s not the headline result of the election, but lol at the BBC not even bothering to poll in Northern Ireland. It really speaks volumes about how little London thinks about that part of this island.

image.jpeg.41054eb052c222c5d0fe07a2a9426515.jpeg
Dark green is Sinn Féin. Despite being abstentions they are the largest NI delegation to Westminster, and were 200 votes short of making it 8-4 against the DUP.

Fifteen or twenty years until NI will leave UK, I feel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enda said:

Dark green is Sinn Féin. Despite being abstentions they are the largest NI delegation to Westminster, and were 200 votes short of making it 8-4 against the DUP.

It’s not though really is it, it’s 9-8-1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

And Liam Fox gone as well, didn't even see that last night.  Does anyone know what the balance of the tory party is left now, as in moderates and nutters?

Not easy, so many unknowns with the new candidates and the terminally silent

Just having a read of Labour's manifesto.

How would they enforce this?

" Antisocial behaviour is not merely a ‘low-level’ nuisance. It hits the poorest communities hardest and, if left unchecked, leads to more serious offending. Yet, the Conservatives weakened enforcement powers. Labour will fix this by introducing new Respect Orders – powers to ban persistent adult offenders from town centres, which will stamp out issues such as public drinking and drug use. Fly-tippers and vandals will also be forced to clean up the mess they have created. "

Source - https://labour.org.uk/change/take-back-our-streets/

I'm all for it by the way and hope it works out.

24 minutes ago, MCU said:

Just having a read of Labour's manifesto.

How would they enforce this?

" Antisocial behaviour is not merely a ‘low-level’ nuisance. It hits the poorest communities hardest and, if left unchecked, leads to more serious offending. Yet, the Conservatives weakened enforcement powers. Labour will fix this by introducing new Respect Orders – powers to ban persistent adult offenders from town centres, which will stamp out issues such as public drinking and drug use. Fly-tippers and vandals will also be forced to clean up the mess they have created. "

Source - https://labour.org.uk/change/take-back-our-streets/

I'm all for it by the way and hope it works out.

Banning orders are already a thing so that is easy to implement.

Fly tippers and vandals I assume will be offered the opportunity to clean up their own mess as part of the punishment issued by the court.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In case it was missed Daniel Kawczynski Shrewsbury and Atcham, now Shrewsbury lost his seat to Labour. 

It was a reluctant Labour vote for me in Shrewsbury but absolutely worth it to get him out. He’s abhorrent. 

Julia Buckley seems like a good person and is a member of the Labour group for electoral reform!

Sky News stats analyst this morning is awful

What is the point in comparing swings between 1997 and 2024. What utter meaningless nonsense

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â