General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

To some people, changing the party they vote for is as unthinkable as supporting a different football team.

It's stupid, but it's true

I don't get that at all.  I always voted Tory until Boris and I can't see me voting for them again in anything like the near future.  You've got to see batshit crazy when it's in front of you and you've got to see the deterioration of the country when it's in front of you.   Voting for that is like sitting in your own shit.

if Labour **** up, I'll look elsewhere.  I was Lib Dem last time out, maybe go back to them.  Hopefully Labour do the job though.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure I checked Lichfield last night and it said 91% Tory hold (Fabricant) yet it went red.

IDS had less than 1% chance to hold his and he won.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't get that at all.  I always voted Tory until Boris and I can't see me voting for them again in anything like the near future.  You've got to see batshit crazy when it's in front of you and you've got to see the deterioration of the country when it's in front of you.   Voting for that is like sitting in your own shit.

if Labour **** up, I'll look elsewhere.  I was Lib Dem last time out, maybe go back to them.  Hopefully Labour do the job though.

Yeah I agree, I don't think I've ever actually voted for the same party in two consecutive elections

Heard Sunak's speech when driving and honestly I thought it was very respectful. 

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Heard Sunak's speech when driving and honestly I thought it was very respectful. 

I agree, but it doesn't matter, imo.

He calls Starmer a decent man that he respects. A week ago he was a danger to Britain. 

It's very easy to be respectful when there's nothing on the line, but when there was anything riding on it, he showed what a nasty, techy little man he is.

• Like 3

Just now, Davkaus said:

He calls Starmer a decent man that he respects. A week ago he was a danger to Britain. 

It's very easy to be respectful when there's nothing on the line, but when there was anything riding on it, he showed what a nasty, techy little man he is.

Absolutely agree with this. But we know that his party is driven to hate and maybe if we had seen this version of him, he wouldn't have lost so hard. So he's coat himself big time but going down the insk route.

Although Reform's vote share is a little alarming, surely that's their vote topped out.

I feel like everyone they'd appeal to is already on board, I can't see them steadily winning voters round from elsewhere.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Bingo.

He's a shameless prick.

Corby's victory speech made me laugh. Couldn't get a damn thing done as leader of the party but reckons he's in a position to effectively lobby on the big issues as one man on the opposition bench. You've got to love his optimism.

• Like 1

Is this the usual wording? :lol:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2024/jul/04/general-election-2024-uk-live-labour-tories-starmer-sunak-results-exit-poll?page=with:block-6687ca8d8f08a83a9aeccb83#block-6687ca8d8f08a83a9aeccb83

The Right Honourable Rishi Sunak MP had an audience of the King this morning and tendered his resignation as prime minister and First Lord of the Treasury, which his majesty was graciously pleased to accept.

1 hour ago, MCU said:

I mean, for all his flaws he had to pick up alot of shit left behind by Liz Truss who should be locked up for her crimes.

Anyway... we look forward!

Yeah, it was a pretty untenable position he inherited. Fwiw, I always felt he was a veneer of competence, but that the problems he had were utter sock jobs in the cabinet and beyond. He was never going to be relatable though, because he isn't. I think he did a job, but he had no possible chance of winning an election after Truss and Boris. 

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Although Reform's vote share is a little alarming, surely that's their vote topped out.

I feel like everyone they'd appeal to is already on board, I can't see them steadily winning voters round from elsewhere.

UKIP received nearly 3.9m votes in 2015 so while the circumstances aren’t exactly the same, around 4 million seems to be the number they top out at.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

UKIP received nearly 3.9m votes in 2015 so while the circumstances aren’t exactly the same, around 4 million seems to be the number they top out at.

Let's call it the Twunt Quotient.

• Like 2

Labours vote share only changed positively in Scotland. This win is wide as the ocean but deep as a puddle, and suggests trouble being stored up for the future. 

Things need to be addressed. Big things. And nobody wants to touch them.

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â