General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Delighted that reform only got 4 in the end. 

4 seats but their overall vote share is a massive worry to me.

Hopefully years of the Government itself failing to bang on constantly about illegal immigration and an actual reduction in small boats, coupled with improving services and peoples general "lot" will see them die back a bit by the next election.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Refused to speak on the stage, and walked out of her interview with the BBC when he pointed out she personally played a big part in the Tory collapse.

Things you love to see.

I need to see this, think I'll spend the day writing and watching videos like this 😂 

8 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Labour gain Poole from tories by 18 votes.

lovely...poole, bournemouth west, bournemouth east all gained from the tories.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Still got 4m votes. That's a lot of angry, disenfranchised people out there

Unless you get rid of all immigrants, and anyone they perceive as immigrants that is not gonna change. And if they did, agriculture, the NHS and all generally low paid cacky work areas would collapse. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Hopefully years of the Government itself failing to bang on constantly about illegal immigration and an actual reduction in small boats, coupled with improving services and peoples general "lot" will see them die back a bit by the next election.

I think a stable government that helps change society for the better will but an end to that. Them and the Tories will be having a mini war which makes them both look bad. Labour just need to govern well and change lives.

Just now, sidcow said:

they've got a few scandals in them over the next few months/years i'd have thought. if farage wants to be taken seriously he needs to balance right wing views but stop short at shameless, full blown racism, which will inevitably come out of the mouths of its MPs

Posted (edited)

Solihull and Shirley West remained Tory, and by a fairly big majority😔

Honestly, how could ANYONE (except @Rugeley Villa) think that they should carry on and have done good things for us.  I utterly despair that so many people can vote for more self harm because that is all it would be under another 4 years of Tories.  It's astonishing.

Only good thing is former Tory pervert Julian Knight who stood as an independent got hardly any support.  I shall however cherish the letter I received from him after I wrote a letter of complaint when Liz Truss was Prime Minister.  His assurance that everything would be fine now that Sunak was prime minister instead certainly proved to be wholly inaccurate.

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Refused to speak on the stage, and walked out of her interview with the BBC when he pointed out she personally played a big part in the Tory collapse.

Things you love to see.

Classy speech by the new incumbent there too btw. No gloating and thanked Truss for her service. Amazing restraint that would have been well beyond me. 

6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I think a stable government that helps change society for the better will but an end to that. Them and the Tories will be having a mini war which makes them both look bad. Labour just need to govern well and change lives.

I hope you are right, I really do.

Posted (edited)

I'm highly amused that the perennial Tory safe seat of Witney has been lost to the Lib Dems. Most amusing. (It's my home town for context)

Edited by DeadlyDirk

10 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I need to see this, think I'll spend the day writing and watching videos like this 😂 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/ceqdnqw390go

"BBC questions Liz Truss following her defeatClose

Liz Truss has said the Conservative party "did not do enough" in 14 years - but refused to apologise to voters."

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/videos/ceqdnqw390go

"BBC questions Liz Truss following her defeatClose

Liz Truss has said the Conservative party "did not do enough" in 14 years - but refused to apologise to voters."

"Did not do enough" is such a shite sound byte.  What does that mean?  it's just waffle.

You did plenty love, it's just that the plenty you did was an awful mess that has set this country back a decade.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not just about small boats though. More net migration figures. If Labour fail to get British people back to work and they don't sort out NHs waiting times plus build enough houses then the clamour for reform will grow. 

21 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Still got 4m votes. That's a lot of angry, disenfranchised people out there

Farage said it was "six million plus". Not the first time he's been caught exaggerating figures.

Exit poll suggested there was a 71% chance Labour take the seat from Tories 14 years ruling in my constituency (Wyre Forest) last night. Woke up to another Mark Garnier Conservative victory... madness.

Just now, MCU said:

Exit poll suggested there was a 71% chance Labour take the seat from Tories 14 years ruling in my constituency (Wyre Forest) last night. Woke up to another Mark Garnier Conservative victory... madness.

I’m sure I checked Lichfield last night and it said 91% Tory hold (Fabricant) yet it went red.

• Like 1

I bailed out before Truss losing her seat which is the real cherry on top.

A lot to digest. Headline is obviously a massive Labour landslide, Tories worst ever result, SNP hammered,  LibDems best result in terms of seats for 100 years and the rise of the 'others'.

However a lot of moving parts with the turnout and the Reform vote. 

Ultimately Sunak gambled on a snap election and from a poor position he has made it even worse. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â