General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I do worry that it's a bit of a watershed moment and certain members of the community are now going to vote along religious lines or based on something thousands of miles away that's nothing to do with us or the problems the country is actually facing here at home.

Yeah you should check out those North London neighbourhoods too. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I do worry that it's a bit of a watershed moment and certain members of the community are now going to vote along religious lines or based on something thousands of miles away that's nothing to do with us or the problems the country is actually facing here at home.

I understand some of the vitriol around the Gaza war; but voting on a (or, to not have that leader?) leader of the UK based solely on that seems a bit mad.

I guess religion is a bit mad, though.

Edited by bobzy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The sad thing is a lot of the country think this too. They think Boris is “one of us” when it couldn’t be further from the truth. 

Boris could not give a single shit about anybody in the country apart from himself 

its the greatest skill trump has too, its properly crazy how people are conned in to thinking these people represent them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I understand some of the vitriol around the Gaza war; but voting on a (or, to not have that leader?) leader of the UK based solely on that seems a bit mad.

I guess religion is a bit mad, though.

People have the right to vote based on whatever criteria they deem most important to them.

As a white, non-religious person who thinks that religion in general should be kept out of politics and various other places, it really isn't what I want to see.

Especially when you've got Jess Phillips being heckled by a gang of men who appear to be of a certain community and reports that candidates won't shake her hand. Whatever you think of Jess Phillips, it's pretty problematic.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Very interesting results by groups.

Looks like the subsets suggesting that 18-24 voters surprisingly liked Reform didn't hold up.

Also quite suggestive that demographically the Tories are absolutely toast...

Edited by wishywashy

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Very interesting results by groups.

Looks like the subsets suggesting that 18-24 voters surprisingly liked Reform didn't hold up.

Also quite suggestive that demographically the Tories are absolutely toast...

Suggests that large proportions of certain age groups just don't vote.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

People have the right to vote based on whatever criteria they deem most important to them.

As a white, non-religious person who thinks that religion in general should be kept out of politics and various other places, it really isn't what I want to see.

Especially when you've got Jess Phillips being heckled by a gang of men who appear to be of a certain community and reports that candidates won't shake her hand. Whatever you think of Jess Phillips, it's pretty problematic.

Surprised there isn’t more about this, shocking stuff 

• Like 1

The Greens are talking the talk about how they're going to hold Labour to account. Boy, are they in for a disappointment.

Delighted that reform only got 4 in the end. 

2 hours ago, Delphouneso said:

Last two Cornish seats declared - including my own - and not a single blue seat in the county. That’ll do.

Devon not so lucky.

Close! One Tory seat - East Devon. Big swing in South Devon and Torbay. 

4 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Still got 4m votes. That's a lot of angry, disenfranchised people out there

1 minute ago, Mozzavfc said:

Still got 4m votes. That's a lot of angry, disenfranchised people out there

Yeah, this is what worries me the most. The next general election could be quite concerning if this trend continues.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Yes, the little teaser that they might get triple that only for it to not happen was funny.

As an outsider looking in in the past decade, and someone who is a bit all over the place politically. I can only congratulate all of you in getting a change in government. It's been a pantomime/comedy/circus/mental-institution and a downright horror to watch. Not fit for a country of your stature.

Make it count!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dodgyknees said:

Goodbye sweet Liz 😭

Refused to speak on the stage, and walked out of her interview with the BBC when he pointed out she personally played a big part in the Tory collapse.

Things you love to see.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Yes, the little teaser that they might get triple that only for it to not happen was funny.

Yep, they will probably think they were robbed 😂

42 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

In fairness that was a concern of Henry VIII (not that there was voting, but you get the point). I don't think it's a new concept. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â