General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

First comment that the Conservatives have not been Conservative enough.

You can see the direction of travel already. Talking about being too woke 🤮

• Like 1

"trying to be more left wing than Labour". Leadsom needs to be volleyed in the jaw.

You can tell the beeb are confident of the landslide, they're actually giving tories a hard time and making them explain themselves.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

First comment that the Conservatives have not been Conservative enough.

You can see the direction of travel already. Talking about being too woke 🤮

It’s pretty worrying. The reform vote percentage is only going to push the Conservatives further to the right.

• Like 1

Just now, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Two pretty big drops in turnout so far, if that's a trend that continues I hope Labour takes that as a wakeup call that they've not been elected on a pro-Labour mandate and need to offer a bit more once in power

...About that...

Lol.

They will just take the win and run with it. And we'll all be expected to be happy.

If they've won due to lost tory votes, there should be alarm bells ringing that this may end up as a one term government.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If they've won due to lost tory votes, there should be alarm bells ringing that this may end up as a one term government.

In both results so far, Labour have polled higher than CON and REF combined.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

YouGov's MRP  was nearly bang on (they had Labour at 47.3% and they got 47.1%), and their overall result has Labour 431 and Tories 102.

So I'm curious to see how this plays out.

Yep, I'm not seeing the exit poll being right yet.

Next one is a big one. Basildon and Billericay. Most have it as a two way between Tory and Labour with Labour the outsiders but Reform really weren’t that far behind, it really is a potential three way.

Edit: caveat the are local issues with Richard Holden being parachuted in with local Tory members

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not if Reform is doing well. The right will still be split next election if Reform are doing better than expected.

• Like 1

Just now, Jareth said:

I think without Reform then this could have been a hung parliament

Not a chance. Reform are eating into Labour's lead.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

It’s pretty worrying. The reform vote percentage is only going to push the Conservatives further to the right.

I guess the only positive is doing that they probably shed more votes to Labour and continue to split their share with Reform. 

17 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

One of the pit falls of a decent hd tv is I could defo see some spunk on that picture of thatcher

What you do in front of the TV when you see a picture of Mrs Thatcher is no concern of mine. 

Just wipe the screen afterwards. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NurembergVillan said:

In both results so far, Labour have polled higher than CON and REF combined.

In percentage terms they're doing well. In absolute votes, they're slightly, very slightly up on 2019.

That suggests the tory voters in 2019 have had enough of the tories, and a big chunk stayed home, a big chunk voted reform, and very few switched to Labour.

I worry it will only take a new leader not tainted by this government to swing a lot of those tory votes right back, so far I'm not seeing much evidence of enthusiasm for Labour. 

If it makes anyone feel better, UKIP came second in both of those seats in 2015 with a very similar vote share to tonight.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â