General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

29 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I can answer that but not until polls close.  There is something relevant that I can't disclose until then.  

You’ve not been asking people to shove their ballot paper up your arse again have you? They told you last time that won’t encourage people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, El Zen said:

What the actual f***?! 

Did I just mention they should make it legal to  rape , or child molestation or listening to Right Said Fred? 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There’s corruption all over politics and beyond.  

Monarchy , not penalising the rich for being successful , capitalism , social hierarchy are just some of my views which I think leave the country in good stead. I’m happy to accept there should be a ruling class. 

I disagree with a lot of these - but respect that you hold  them and are comfortable with  it. 

However, on corruption, while it's  fair to say that there are people who feather their nests of all kinds of stripes,  the sheer level of corruption and cronyinsm that has characterised this government is astonishing. Private Eye have done a great job of documenting a lot of it, and it's a tragedy that it  doesn't  get more coverage, but there is still so much that has made national headlines. It's  not true to say they are all as bad as each other.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, one_ian_taylor said:

I disagree with a lot of these - but respect that you hold  them and are comfortable with  it. 

However, on corruption, while it's  fair to say that there are people who feather their nests of all kinds of stripes,  the sheer level of corruption and cronyinsm that has characterised this government is astonishing. Private Eye have done a great job of documenting a lot of it, and it's a tragedy that it  doesn't  get more coverage, but there is still so much that has made national headlines. It's  not true to say they are all as bad as each other.

And I hope those accountable are dealt with accordingly . I know I know it won’t happen though .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

If this wasn’t a bot… drink place Jebus.

Can only assume his "local drink place" is his front room and by "everyone" he means himself.

31 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I feel that any answer you do give might then get lost in exit poll analysis at 10pm, but I'll try and remember to come back to you in that 11pm - midnight lull!

No problem.  The turnout in my station has just exceeded the May elections by 100%. 

It feels a high turnout BUT I doubt that's a typical reflection due to something I shall explain later.  

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

And I hope those accountable are dealt with accordingly . I know I know it won’t happen though .

They almost certainly  won't.  And it's  one of the consequences of having people who feel that because they belong to a ruling class, they are entitled to stick their noses in the trough, as long as they are also giving the impression of serving their country

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MCU said:

You have posted this, do you agree? Disagree? What specifically is the poisonous trans ideology in “our” schools?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Did I just mention they should make it legal to  rape , or child molestation or listening to Right Said Fred? 

Well, no, but openly admitting that there should be a ruling class is something you’re unlikely to hear from even the most conservative of upper class Conservatives. Although wrong and deceitful, they’ll usually hide it behind some rehearsed rhetoric that what’s good for them is good for everyone, baking a bigger cake for everyone to share and trickle down economics, all that crap. Or at a stretch, they might say that social inequality is fair because the rich work harder, and hard work should be rewarded. Again, it’s deluded crap, but at least there’s an attempt to pretend to be for equal opportunity. 

To say there should be a ruling class is to say some people are just better by birth, and thus deserving of privilege. To me, that’s completely absurd, and especially shocking coming from someone who isn’t himself a member of the reality-ignorant elite. You’re essentially saying you yourself don’t deserve the same opportunities in life as everybody else, that you are worth less by birth alone. Why would anyone say that? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is there any chance of the Tories staying in? I think our local seat has flipped backwards and forwards between the two for years, and I've never ever seen so many posters and flyers for Labour in all my life. There's been one a day at least through the letter box. I know the woman that's running for Labour and tbf it's one of the only times I've ever met an MP that I felt like I could trust to get things done.

Just now, Seat68 said:

Whats the poisonous trans ideology in our schools?

If its being taught(actually not sure it is) but if it was or any plans that it will I disagree with it and that’s all I can say really. Don’t think kids of that age should be taught that. Male or female for me and that’s what I’d tell my kids if they asked . What they think as they start adulthood is up to them. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

Is there any chance of the Tories staying in? I think our local seat has flipped backwards and forwards between the two for years, and I've never ever seen so many posters and flyers for Labour in all my life. There's been one a day at least through the letter box. I know the woman that's running for Labour and tbf it's one of the only times I've ever met an MP that I felt like I could trust to get things done.

Almost zero chance of them staying in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Well, no, but openly admitting that there should be a ruling class is something you’re unlikely to hear from even the most conservative of upper class Conservatives. Although wrong and deceitful, they’ll usually hide it behind some rehearsed rhetoric that what’s good for them is good for everyone, baking a bigger cake for everyone to share and trickle down economics, all that crap. Or at a stretch, they might say that social inequality is fair because the rich work harder, and hard work should be rewarded. Again, it’s deluded crap, but at least there’s an attempt to pretend to be for equal opportunity. 

To say there should be a ruling class is to say some people are just better by birth, and thus deserving of privilege. To me, that’s completely absurd, and especially shocking coming from someone who isn’t himself a member of the reality-ignorant elite. You’re essentially saying you yourself don’t deserve the same opportunities in life as everybody else, that you are worth less by birth alone. Why would anyone say that? 

What I should say then is I accept there’s a ruling class and I’m comfortable with that. It’s just the way it is imo.  Can’t imagine the country or the world without it. 

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â