General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

I’m getting impression from that social mejah that polling is busy in heavily contested areas, I'm also getting the impression that in places like Liverpool the turnout is going to be spectacularly low. The seats are that safe I can still count on 1 finger the amount of posters I’ve seen for a main party and even that one was on a Union building and it wasn’t current.

If a Liverpool seat goes west for Labour, really I won’t be that shocked. It’s beyond complacency

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I can answer that but not until polls close.  There is something relevant that I can't disclose until then.  

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation. I feel that any answer you do give might then get lost in exit poll analysis at 10pm, but I'll try and remember to come back to you in that 11pm - midnight lull!

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I believe in alot of conservative politics . 

Sleaze, corruption, incompetence and greed?

The polling station in Mere Green was very busy. People parking their SUVs like words removed. Lets hope Labour ban them! 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

At the polling station and had to queue, this was at 6pm and according to the people there it had been like that all day. 
So voted Labour, as I am not a racist. Sorry if that offends the Reform voters, but if you swim in shit don’t be offended when people say you smell of shit. 

Not sure its logical to say if you dont vote labour therefore you must be a racist ! 

Posted (edited)

Election night bingo

A sip of your favorite tipple if any of these are mentioned/happen-

The time is ten o clock and our exit poll says.....

Some cabinet minister being interviewed early on  ' well xx (insert presenter first name) let's just wait and see when the results come in, exit polls can be wrong I believe'

And we now go to the prime minister's house.../ keir starmer's house...

The result from Sunderland..... let's look at the early swing

I am getting news that (insert big political name) is going to lose his/her seat... lots of worried faces at the count

A monster raving looney at the election count/count binface

A returning officer is overly officious and asks for silence so they can get their 15 minutes of fame

Ironic cheers when an independent gets about 57 votes

Gracious concession speeches

Extremely bitter concession speeches- looking at Galloway for that one

Much later in the night when the result is apparent and once former loyal MP's let rip

1997 Tony Blair's new Labour

1945, 1906, or  going back to even 1832

And now at xx am we can confirm that xx party now has a working majority in the house of commons

Who will be the next leader

And finally a double shot if anyone ever mentions Huw Edwards

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Not sure its logical to say if you dont vote labour therefore you must be a racist ! 

The inference was more that if you DO vote Labour you're NOT a racist. Almost as much of a non-sequitur, but not quite!  :)

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

Some cabinet minister being interviewed early on

File that under won't happen, most of them are heading for defeat and know it  :D 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jon said:

Sleaze, corruption, incompetence and greed?

There’s corruption all over politics and beyond.  

Monarchy , not penalising the rich for being successful , capitalism , social hierarchy are just some of my views which I think leave the country in good stead. I’m happy to accept there should be a ruling class. 

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 3

2 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The result from Sunderland..... let's look at the early swing

Sunderland will be second not first this year. Something to do with boundary changes but, the first two out of traps will be interesting but for the Reform percentage not other swings.

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Monarchy , not penalising the rich for being successful , capitalism , social hierarchy are just some of my views which I think leave the country in good stead. I’m happy to accept there should be a ruling class. 

I think Henry sucked your brains out :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m happy to accept there should be a ruling class. 

😬

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

There's 'kicked in the head by a horse'. 

And then there's this.  

• Like 4

Just now, Jon said:

There's 'kicked in the head by a horse'. 

And then there's this.  

It’s what I’m honestly comfortable with hence why I know my views sit with conservatism 

• Like 1

Just done my civic duty.

Voted Tim 'Rocky' Roca to become Macclesfield's first ever Labour MP. 

• Like 1

my bet lost. but hopefully an indicator of how the rest of the night will go for this aptly named nag

image.png.43788322c0b6d51a3ed6a76f1d64882c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

What the actual f***?! 

• Like 2

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â