General Election: Match Thread

limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve always enjoyed listening to him. A man of fine breeding .

Him and Farage are the same in fact if you say something confidently enough, well spoken enough and repeat it many times certain people will eventually believe it. 

They are also completely immune from being embarrassed.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Him and Farage are the same in fact if you say something confidently enough, well spoken enough and repeat it many times people will eventually believe it. 

Moggy is as Tory as they come . I don’t agree with all his views but I’ve always took a shining to him. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2
  • Shocked 1

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Moggy is as Tory as they come . I don’t agree with all his views but I’ve always took a shining to him. 

What was it you liked about him?

He made millions from Brexit knowing it would be a disaster for the rest of us. He pushed it and pushed it knowing it would be a disaster, and that he’d benefit from that.

He was out in charge of maximising the benefits of Brexit and came up with exactly nothing. The man who pushed it so hard. 

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’ve always enjoyed listening to him. A man of fine breeding .

A plummy accent and knowing in which order to use cutlery does not a fine man make.

But yeah, he sounded ever so refined when he pointed out where the plebs went wrong when their tower block was burning down. I dare say he’s acquired extensive first hand knowledge of such dwellings to make such an informed opinion.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

What was it you liked about him?

He made millions from Brexit knowing it would be a disaster for the rest of us. He pushed it and pushed it knowing it would be a disaster, and that he’d benefit from that.

He was out in charge of maximising the benefits of Brexit and came up with exactly nothing. The man who pushed it so hard. 

Probably his social class and the way he carries himself . Always found him interesting. 

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I know people who like him too. I just dont get why. He just comes across as an upper-class twit. 

• Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

You seem into political S&M.

Why do you take a liking to people who wouldn't piss on you if you're on fire. 

Do you think the likes of Farage and Moggs would genuinely have any time for you or care about people like you? 

Blows my mind. 

None of them would.  My views are more in line with conservatism. Labour fully deserve to gain power but I’m hoping this enables the Tory’s to sort themselves out. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The only shining I'd like to associate with JRM would involve Jack Nicholson 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Probably his social class and the way he carries himself . Always found him interesting. 

There was a programme on the telly, maybe 5 years or more ago, where they followed 3 different MPs day to day. One was Mogg, another was Caroline Lucas and I forget the last, but he actually came over really well when he was doing the normal MP stuff, helping folk out with their problems n’that. He was less fake than his ludicrous persona he puts on. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

He woudln't piss on you if you were on fire

1 hour ago, cyrusr said:

What the Tories will always have over and above Reform is the Tory base, the party machine and the infrastructure. So long as they get enough seats they will come back in 1 form or another. 

However, I am very much in 2 minds about whether this is a good thing or. I agree with what you say in the moderate wing of the party is infinitely sensible in comparison to Reform or the far right of the party. The difficulty I have is the "moderate Tories" were purged of those willing to take a stand in 2019 and those that have stayed have allowed the last 5 years to occur without so much as a whimper of dissent. It will depend who remains in parliament tomorrow, but it is likely the more extreme MPs are in the safest seats. Even if that wasn't the case, the membership now seems to very distinctly far right and therefore that is likely the path that they will continue to tread. If they do not change but still have a significant base to work from, then this will have a far more adverse impact on British politics than whatever phoenix party that Farage is running.

The way to deal with Farage/populism is actually sorting out the real reasons why people are unhappy (the answer is not immigration) and actually improving people's standard of living. That is what populism strives on and provides quick fix solutions to all of life's woes. They are the very essence Snake Oil Salesmen. 

The party machine has been strong in the past, but looks to be in a right  state during this campaign

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He woudln't piss on you if you were on fire

I wouldn’t expect him too either he’d be better off getting a bucket of water 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just been and voted. Voted conservative wife Labour although I did try and take her ballot paper off her .

Wait a minute, women can vote now?! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I wouldn’t expect him too either he’d be better off getting a bucket of water 

You’d have to pay for the bucket of course.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â