limpid

General Election 2024  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Did you vote?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Been there, done that… 

IMG_1891.jpeg

Lightweight. I've already voted twice at different polling stations on opposite sides of the city. 

(First, suburbs, very busy. Second, city centre, virtually deserted)

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Speaking of which, what is everyone planning to keep them up? Snacks, beers, bingo cards?

Some things to go on a checklist:

- First sitting Prime Minister to lose his seat

- Portillo moments (the all time total of cabinet ministers to lose their seat is 12)

- Tim Montgomerie  spontaneously combusting (perhaps literally)

- George Galloway somehow managing to praise  some horrific dictator

- Tracksuit Jesus (Corbyn) losing - or winning - either would be entertaining

- Ed Balls 

Crack cocaine 

55 minutes ago, one_ian_taylor said:

Given you can put pretty much all food in a sandwich,  bar soup etc, it's  pretty much the same as saying your favourite  kind of music is music, except for whatever the musical  equivalent of soup is (prog rock?)

I read the above and had a vision of Rishi stood up in a cabinet meeting -

"What if, right? No, hear me out. What if... what if we put soup in a sandwich?! That could work, couldn't it? Yeah?"

• Haha 2

Local social media is absolutely brimming with vote reform idiots. Ultimate I think it’ll help Labour win the seat but it is a slight worry just how stupid so many people are. 
They can for vote for who they like, but to be sold the lies is the worry.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brommy said:

I read the above and had a vision of Rishi stood up in a cabinet meeting -

"What if, right? No, hear me out. What if... what if we put soup in a sandwich?! That could work, couldn't it? Yeah?"

Truss would have purchased 10 tankers of soup, and given it to her friends in the hope that by supping at the foul drainage system a couple of days later, there would be a little bit of brown soup in everyone by the weekend. Hurrah.  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Local social media is absolutely brimming with vote reform idiots. Ultimate I think it’ll help Labour win the seat but it is a slight worry just how stupid so many people are. 

My concern for today is Reform doing better than polling suggests. Some people are less shy about bigotry in the privacy of a ballot booth.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, one_ian_taylor said:

This is helpful. It could get like the end of the Godfather where so many people are getting topped that you lose track of who has gone

Making a spreadsheet now with their constituency and estimated delcaration times.  Unfortunately won't be able to pull an all nighter myself though.

• Like 1

One of the posters was saying he was voting reform because of the slave trade, and that the west provoked Putin. Isis was also created by the west and it’s another reason to vote for Reform

I will be particularly upset if they get more than 1 or 2 seats

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Yeah, the worst, those folk. I had to laugh, one of them posted that they weren't voting Tory because 'they are just peddling fear'. It took some self restraint not to bushwhack that particular comment, I can tell you. 

Just now, Genie said:

One of the posters was saying he was voting reform because of the slave trade, and that the west provoked Putin. Isis was also created by the west and it’s another reason to vote for Reform

I will be particularly upset if they get more than 1 or 2 seats

That makes no sense at all . Al Qaeda was created by the west and the west partly at fault of  the emergence of isis . Slave trade? Putin ? 

They are right in many senses that Reform are very different to the other parties in many ways… but they can’t see that it is in a stupid, deeply unhelpful and dangerous way.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Reform would have the country on its knees. They wouldn’t know what to do with the power anyway. 

It would unravel faster than a Truss mini-budget.

Day 1, they declare a national emergency for the boats. Then what?

Day 2, they announce they can’t simply return immigrants to France like they said they could (otherwise it would have happened already).

Day 3, they have to admit that “believers” is not a thing they can replace the entire 40,000 home office staff with.

Day 4, “this is not the reform I voted for”

Farage resigns and leaves the country to fall apart.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

For anyone that wants to revel in the misfortune of some of the smug gits you've had to enjoy for the last 14 years, here some of the big hitters and tthe estimated declaration times of their consituency result:

Badenoch Essex North West 02:00
Francois Raleigh & Wickford 02:15
Hands Chelsea and Fulham 03:00
Duncan-Smith Chingford & Woodford Green 03:00
Braverman Fareham & Waterlooville 03:00
Fabricant Lichfield 03:00
Jenrick Newark 03:00
Morduant Portsmouth North 03:00
Keegan Chichester 03:30
Hunt Godalming & Ash 03:30
Mercer Plymouth Moor View 03:30
Shapps Welwyn Hatfield 03:30
Clarke-Smith Bassetlaw 04:00
Cleverley Braintree 04:00
Farage Clacton 04:00
Dowden Hertsmere 04:00
Jenkyns Leeds South West & Morley 04:00
Sunak Richmond & North Allerton 04:00
Trott Sevenoaks 04:00
Patel Witham 04:00
Williamson Kingswinford & South Staffordshire 04:15
Anderson Ashfield 04:30
Barclay Cambridgeshire North East 04:30
Rees-Mogg North East Somerset & Hanham 04:30
Johnston Didcot & Wantage 05:00
Gullis Stoke on Trent North 05:00
Truss Norfolk South West 05:30
Leadsom Northamptonshire South 06:00

*Disclaimer, some of these are unfortunately likely to win

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 3

I know this won’t apply to anyone in this thread but for those passing through ,

Mental we even have to say this, but a polite reminder that you are not racist or fascist if you want to vote for Reform , no more so than Labour or Conservative. Dont let anybody (certainly strangers on the internet) convince you otherwise.

Vote for who you want to and what you believe in. (even if it’s the Tories). Theres this strange agenda in play where you are more socially accepted the further left you are and vocalise it. 

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Genie said:

In terms of facebook pretty much the only people I have seen declare who they are voting for are reform voters. It is like some see it as a badge of honour outing yourself as either a racist or someone who has zero problem being associated with people who are racist/xenophobic. That is even before you get on to the fact their manifesto (they call it pledges I think) is an absolute un-costed list of nonsense that would make Liz Truss look frugal.

Predictably I have already seen Reform supporters say already it is a fix and Labour will win.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

Girl I work with is a tory voter who's going Reform.

Strange really as her proper job is banking, she's obvipusly not a cabbage but simply will not entertain Labour.

Not going to be a great night for her :crylaugh:

SO my nomination for the possible Portillo moment is James Not So Cleverly

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

For anyone that wants to revel in the misfortune of some of the smug gits you've had to enjoy for the last 14 years, here some of the big hitters and tthe estimated declaration times of their consituency result:

Badenoch Essex North West 02:00
Hands Chelsea and Fulham 03:00
Duncan-Smith Chingford & Woodford Green 03:00
Braverman Fareham & Waterlooville 03:00
Fabricant Lichfield 03:00
Jenrick Newark 03:00
Morduant Portsmouth North 03:00
Keegan Chichester 03:30
Mercer Plymouth Moor View 03:30
Shapps Welwyn Hatfield 03:30
Clarke-Smith Bassetlaw 04:00
Farage Clacton 04:00
Dowden Hertsmere 04:00
Sunak Richmond & North Allerton 04:00
Trott Sevenoaks 04:00
Patel Witham 04:00
Williamson Kingswinford & South Staffordshire 04:15
Anderson Ashfield 04:30
Barclay Cambridgeshire North East 04:30
Rees-Mogg Somerset & North East Hanham 04:30
Johnston Didcot & Wantage 05:00
Gullis Stoke on Trent North 05:00
Truss Norfolk South West 05:30
Leadsom Northamptonshire South 06:00
Hunt Farnham & Bordon 06:30

*Disclaimer, some of these are unfortunately likely to win

Cleverly missing, there is an outside chance! 4am and that will seriously be a Portillo moment

• Like 1

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â