Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final

Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one: Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final

• Southgate Sacked
    • England Reaches Final

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/24 at 19:00

Assuming the poll means reaching the final would be as far as we get (ie we’d lose the final) I’d take the sacking. 

If not I’d take the Final

Problem though when England get knocked out of the euros, southgate will resign.

I would much prefer it if he were sacked....as he would have been had we not scored that flukey overhead kick to equalise 😣

16 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

Problem though when England get knocked out of the euros, southgate will resign.

I would much prefer it if he were sacked....as he would have been had we not scored that flukey overhead kick to equalise 😣

I think he wouid have resigned given that scenario or at least that wouid be the official position of the fa. 

Posted (edited)

Southgate sacked. If we somehow make it to the final we will lose anyway as Southgate has proven time and time again that he cannot outthink a better manager.

Middlesborough was his level and even that's being kind.

Edited by JPAngel

13 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I heard @Daveburnsidesay he wants to sack Southgate off. My hearing hasn't been great recently though.

Hed never have got the job in the first place if it was up to me!

Best England manager of all time look at the stats!!

I'm rethinking my earlier post. Mainly as I think two things are fairly certain, 

1 - he'll leave after the Euros no matter what happens.

2 - we won't win the game even if we made it to the final.

It makes the question, kinda pointless, but I do see one potential positive if we got to the final and he leaves head held high. It's got to make it more likely that he takes over at United and helps to get them relegated. 

It's rare I praise the 'brains' behind International football, but they've given Southgate enough rope to hang himself this tournament, and sure enough he's done it.

Not taking Jack, but taking Toney?

Trent, Gallagher and Mainoo all playing DM? Genuinely, who thought Trent or Gallagher would be better than Mainoo?

Saka at left back? 

Toney instead of Watkins? 

The persistence with Saka, Foden and Kane - Let's be honest, if they were playing for an equally matched team, we'd be laughing at those performances.

And, I'm gonna say it, not sure on Bellingham. At all. Fantastic goal, granted, but everything else? Not a fan, very sloppy in the last game.

Get him gone, he's turd.

Posted (edited)

Wharton was the only other option at DM besides Mainoo.... and he started neither of them for 3 games.

One of them hasn't had any minutes at all.

He's an idiot.

For that reason, I'd gladly see him gone tomorrow over making the final. If we are lucky enough to fluke our way to the final with him, well lose to Spain or Germany anyway. 

Edited by MrBlack