Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final

Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one: Southgate Sacked Vs. England Reaches Final

• Southgate Sacked
    • England Reaches Final

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/07/24 at 19:00

Southgate sacked

I'd take England winning over sacking him but not just reaching the final 

He's already going to cement his place as England's greatest ever manager, would be funny if he added another failure to the CV and somehow gets even more plaudits 

The man is a fraud 

• Like 2

Southgate sacked.

The man is setting up England to play a 38 game season, with buzz words and platitudes dripping out of his boring prolapsed anus. 

There needs to be a mentality of 'this is tournament football, go out and roger them'. He needs the balls to say to Kane - "stay up front and be a striker, if you drop back to within 10 metres of the half way line. I'm nicking your etcha-sketch and subbing you". There's just too much cautiousness about his tactics and also in his media persona. 

Get rid. 

• Like 1

Southgate sacked. Once i would celebrate an England goal, this tournament (and the last if I'm honest) i haven't celebrated once, because the further this buffoon goes the more likely he will stick around for another 4 years.

The thought of this clown been the one to bring a trophy home with his joyless football, is awful. His persona is rubbing off on the players, some are coming across arrogant much like Southgate. Take criticism on the chin you pleb!

Hearing people hail this incompetent moron a tactical genius make my p**s boil.

Sooner this clown is gone from the team the better!

• Like 3

Southgate is gone after this anyway. His whole demeanour and comments suggest he has stopped caring so much about how he comes across. 

• Like 1

I can definitely see England stumbling getting to the final and getting battered. All the really good teams are on the other side of the draw. But bloody hell it’s horrible to watch. 

Hee gone whether we win the tournament or not and i will always want England to go as far in a tournament as possible no matter who the manager is.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's the poll for? Southgate is gone no matter what happens.

Sorry, we will stop having hypothetical fun, close the thread. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mic09 said:

Sorry, we will stop having hypothetical fun, close the thread. 

But England could reach the final and he also leaves.

10 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

But England could reach the final and he also leaves.

Sure. Anything can happen. 

2 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Southgate sacked.

The man is setting up England to play a 38 game season, with buzz words and platitudes dripping out of his boring prolapsed anus. 

There needs to be a mentality of 'this is tournament football, go out and roger them'. He needs the balls to say to Kane - "stay up front and be a striker, if you drop back to within 10 metres of the half way line. I'm nicking your etcha-sketch and subbing you". There's just too much cautiousness about his tactics and also in his media persona. 

Get rid. 

Id have no problem with Kane dropping deep if, for example, Watkins was there to stretch the defence so we have room to move the ball and for Kane to help set Watkins off.

A better question might be England win rather than just reach the final. We've had finals under him before and I have zero confidence he'd get us over the line and win the match. Kinda makes the question moot.

sacked, always sacked. Even versus winning. This whackjob cannot get away being a lucky bastard profiting off the absurd talent of individual players occasionally bailing us out.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Daveburnside said:

Final every time!!

Even if we won I think he knows its time to move on (Thank God!!!)

What for, even if we fluke it and get there he's gonna come up short against a decent coach just like Croatia and Italy. That's 2 great chances of winning trophies thrown away because Southgate isn't good enough,  this will be his 3rd chance and he's learnt nothing from losing before, no subs. 

His decisions to take Shaw and drop Grealish are worthwhile sacking offences on there own, Gordon and Eze aren't even close to him and seeing konsa being lined up to play left back is a complete joke. 

He's a Clown.

Edited by tinker

A few times I've scrolled through the forum index and seen "Southgate sacked...." as the last topic, and I forget about this thread. I know they aren't sacking him mid tournament, but it keeps getting me for just a second :D 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, PaulC said:

He is gone whether we win the tournament or not 

Exactly. He will be leaving anyway regardless of England's progress, you don't have to choose. 

• Like 1

I’d sack him now if it was my choice. 

Put someone else in charge for the Switzerland game. Potter, Poch, Big Sam, Crouchy, Doris the Tea Lady from Villa… anyone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1