Glastonbury 2024

T-Dog

I find Coldplay extremely meh but saw them at Glastonbury in 2016 and it was a very good live show.

That said, I’d feel no need or desire to go and watch them again if I was there this year. 

Just catching up on David Bowie from Glastonbury 2000 I've had recorded for a few years and just noticed in my shows. 

2 things that hit me straight away.

1.The crowd is SO much  smaller than today. Anything beyond the sound booth was very sparse of people. You'd need to go twice as far out today to get any kind of space (unless the booth is a lot closer than today) 

2.There were little camp fires EVERYWHERE. Possibly because of the space people had but some were even close or possible inside the inner circle. Just hundreds of them. I assume this was some kind of tradition that was then stopped at some point.  Maybe any long term festival goers can confirm? 

30 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What is this awful mess. 

It's so horrible and contrived.  They've just stopped playing, had a pretend huddle then asked the crowd to put phones away and get more involved. 

I'm putting a Villa Game on. I've got a shit load of last years games to get through before the start of next season. 

• Like 1

I've not seen the giant Wolves Wolfshead flag this year. It's been at every Glastonbury I can remember. 

12 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

What is this awful mess. 

Assume this was at Coldplay, I couldnt even finish it it was awful. Theyve moved on but I saw them in 2005 at the Bolton stadium which was used for the Fix You video. For their first two albums and they were rocky and very good. Square One - Live in Toronto Remaster on YouTube is what I think of them as. 

Enjoyed the Streets, Little Simz and loved Jungle from what ive seen. 

Bloc Party and The Streets were my highlights of yesterday. Saw a bit of Keane too , Tom Chaplin is a decent frontman.

Yeah that Coldplay set was crap. 

He spent so much time waffling on and preaching his beliefs.

People have paid the money to go and watch and hear music, it should be an escape from some of the rubbish going on in the world, but it's obviously a platform people like that self-righteous Martin will take full advantage off. 

Best thing about it all was the fireworks and lights. 

I think Emily Eavis has to pull in a lot better for next year. I guess the fact that modern music, you no longer have a big selection of 'anthem' bands, it's all Hip Hop, Drill and Dance.

Trouble is, people will always pay the money and go as it is Glastonbury. I live about 20mins from the site and I'll see people for months now driving around with the car park triangle things in their window still, it's like a badge of honor. 

The BBC news app report on the Coldplay set makes it sound like the greatest, most spectacular show by the greatest band of all time. 

17 hours ago, sidcow said:

I'm putting a Villa Game on. I've got a shit load of last years games to get through before the start of next season. 

SPOILER ALERT - we had a really good season and no Man Utd do not catch us!

• Haha 2

I remember when I used to think if you liked U2, you didn’t really like music. Now Coldplay have entered the building. 

17 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I remember when I used to think if you liked U2, you didn’t really like music. Now Coldplay have entered the building. 

Catch up. They've been like that since they came out!

I thought the set last night was actually a pretty good show. I hate their music though.

12 minutes ago, MCU said:

No comments about this absolute dross on tonight? Never seen such a small crowd for a Pyramid headliner.

I've never even heard of her. I'm miles away from her Demographic but I'd expect to at least have heard of a Glastonbury headliner. 

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The National are absolutely killing it

They were superb. Love them and seeing them in Cardiff on Wednesday. 

• Like 2

My guess is that Lizzo was likely the original headliner, then she **** that up. If not booked, was lined up to be. 

14 hours ago, ender4 said:

SPOILER ALERT - we had a really good season and no Man Utd do not catch us!

Yeah but they beat us twice 🤬