Glastonbury 2024

T-Dog

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Oi! I've heard of Dua Lipa. 

That's about as far as it goes, though. 

...My finger is less on the pulse of pop culture than yours? I'm not sure whether to be pleased by that or not :D 

• Thanks 1

My other half will agree to this being on the TV. I predict that 10 minutes in, they’ll remember they don’t really do live music and wander off up the garden.

Approximately 10 minutes after that, they’ll be back in the house, asking for help with some two person task they’ve found.

To which I will wholeheartedly agree, with the words ‘yep, absolutely, I’ll be right out to lend a hand at 7:00’

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

My other half will agree to this being on the TV. I predict that 10 minutes in, they’ll remember they don’t really do live music and wander off up the garden.

Approximately 10 minutes after that, they’ll be back in the house, asking for help with some two person task they’ve found.

To which I will wholeheartedly agree, with the words ‘yep, absolutely, I’ll be right out to lend a hand at 7:00’

I predict muttering from the masses of play the bloody hits. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I predict muttering from the masses of play the bloody hits. 

If they don't play Jocky Wilson I'll be bloody angry. 

• Haha 1

I’m indifferent to quite a lot of their stuff, but there’s something strangely pleasing about seeing Siobhán Donaghy being able to sing the Sugababes hits she missed out on first time round with the other two original members.

It feels nicely book ended.

On 27/06/2024 at 09:14, villa4europe said:

I like the national but maybe quietly they've not had a good album for a while now, last 3 or 4 have been bang average at best 

The most recent two, I’m indifferent on. The two prior to that I will argue in their favour. Some real high points can be found.

I wouldn’t be massively bothered about seeing them at a festival though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sidcow said:

If they don't play Jocky Wilson I'll be bloody angry. 

Not only did they play it, this was the projection behind them…

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

Paul Heaton set is not bad at all. The female singer with him 🤪

And a semi Housemartins reunion with Norman Cook 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, picicata said:

Dual Lipa has the stink of Eurovision coming off her

proof that you don’t need talent just a skimpy outfit 

Might as well  go watch a pole dancer and save your ears 

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Gotta love Idles 

looking forward to November when I get to see them for the second time 

Off to see them in a couple of weeks in Cardiff. Very much looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Just now, picicata said:

Off to see them in a couple of weeks in Cardiff. Very much looking forward to it!

I saw them in Kingston earlier this year at a small gig with a few hundred people , the lead guitarist crowd surfed over my head 😀

for one song Joe Talbot surfed over the crowd and into a Photo Booth where he  was singing  as he was having photos taken fans 😀😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

proof that you don’t need talent just a skimpy outfit 

Might as well  go watch a pole dancer and save your ears 

She’s not exactly my cup of tea, but I think she deserves better than that sort of comment. 

Young female pop star wearing revealing outfit(s). Whatever next. If it was that simple a formula then every attractive female contestant off of Pop Idol/X Factor would have been a success.

But they’re not, are they. 

Something like “New Rules” is fine for what it is.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

She’s not exactly my cup of tea, but I think she deserves better than that sort of comment. 

Young female pop star wearing revealing outfit(s). Whatever next. If it was that simple a formula then every attractive female contestant off of Pop Idol/X Factor would have been a success.

Totally agree. What she does isn't really my cup of tea (her target audience isn't going to be middle aged blokes though is it) but I can appreciate it and see she is very good at it. My daughters, 17 and 25, think she is really good.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

i saw her perform at a festival in Madrid in 2018 , the audience was predominantly blokes as she performed in not much more than a bikini .. without question it’s why everyone was there , had she looked like Adele she’d have been playing to an almost empty stage:

Reading an article on her just now , she does appear to be a very astute business woman and has co written a lot more music than I’ve given her credit for , so i guess i owe her an apology and  she does have some talent … but not enough to sing live at Glastonbury if you believe the internet tonight 😛

• Like 1