Glastonbury 2024

T-Dog

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Idles, shit shit shit bluenose shit, shit, The National, more shit

2 legacy acts who are nothing like their original incarnations and… shit

Honestly, it feels like every year I declare this to be the worst lineup ever and I don’t think I'm lying at any time I say it.

Shania Twain must be the most awful legends slot since they started having one.

Shania is probably the only one I’d watch, the rest sound bloody awful

• Like 1

Spent the last week and a half on the build.

Now in the Midlands on a mate's sofa because the carers thought Mum was going to die.

After eating breakfast, lunch and a bucket of opiates she seems much better.

Wonder if they'll broadcast Jonathan Pie? Might be a raucous one given the timing?

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

Think The National could be a good one this year. 

I like the national but maybe quietly they've not had a good album for a while now, last 3 or 4 have been bang average at best 

• Like 3

I normally enjoy Glastonbury from the comfort of my own home. This gear I am away all weekend so maybe have a look whats on the red button next weekend. Actually, away in Brean that weekend, in a few weeks time then. 

My reasons for disliking festivals:

1. Cost

2  Queues/ crowds

2. Hayfever - the real deal breaker for me as sitting in a field in the middle of summer would be totally unbearable 

11 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

First one I haven't been to since I started going in 2009 :( 

Yeah seriously, how were you able to be successful 15 years running (minus fallow years and covid)?

3 minutes ago, Jon said:

My reasons for disliking festivals:

1. Cost

2  Queues/ crowds

2. Hayfever - the real deal breaker for me as sitting in a field in the middle of summer would be totally unbearable 

I'm a hayfever sufferer but tend to be immune to it at festivals.

Same with hangovers.

5 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yeah seriously, how were you able to be successful 15 years running (minus fallow years and covid)?

It wasn't that difficult going back, then there was a hack one year, then I've had coach tickets, resale tickets in March/April, secret resale tickets in May/June (can't remember if they were for myself or not, and they don't do this anymore), many other people in my ticket-buying group or other groups who'd already bought theirs getting our tickets.

It's certainly not like I've bought my own general sale tickets every year in October. In fact, that would be a rare occurrence. It's also only 10 or 11 festivals not 15.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Loads of "smaller" artists that i'd like to see this year like Alvvways, Blondshell, Soccer Mommy, Soft Play, Fontaines, Sleaford Mods, Yard Act, Fat White Family, Mannequin Pussy, Newdad.

Then PJ Harvey and IDLES too

Looks decent imo.

A good few these are on my list to watch on iplayer, annoyingly missed out on tickets this year. Woodsies on the Saturday & Sunday is incredible, I don't think I'd move if I was there. 

• Like 1

I just don't get the hate for Coldplay. Fine....if they ain't your cup of tea, I get it but some folk (not particularly talking about VT here) almost go out of their way to slag em off.

So chris martin can act like a word removed but in that industry diva-like behaviour is commonplace. 

I dont like drum and bass or jazz but I just leave them to it. Meh.

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

IMG_2708.jpeg

I believe this is picture is from Pink Lloyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason album/CD circa 1987......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

I believe this is picture is from Pink Lloyd's Momentary Lapse of Reason album/CD circa 1987......

Was about to say that, looks like they are setting up the beds for the photos.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, bickster said:

Are you Mooney, are you Mooney, Are you Mooney in disguise? are you Mooney in disguise ?

Oi! I've heard of Dua Lipa. 

That's about as far as it goes, though. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Davkaus said:

If you'd asked me about Dua Lipa I'd have guessed that it was a type of steamed dumpling.

I wouldn't mind seeing her dumplings. 

AMIRITE lads?

• Haha 3