Glastonbury 2024

T-Dog

Anyone going? 

Any artists that you'll be watching on iPlayer if you're not going? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c033r45930qo - Line up and set times are here.

Glastonbury Festival opens its gates on Wednesday, as 200,000 revellers descend on Worthy Farm for a weekend of music, comedy, poetry, dance and theatre.

This year promises one of the most diverse line-ups in years, with the main stages exploring Afrobeats, Drum & Bass, Grime, Folk and Ballet among the usual diet of rock and pop.

Dua Lipa, Coldplay and SZA headline the Pyramid Stage, with other highlights including Shania Twain, Jungle, Disclosure, Avril Lavigne, Fontaines DC, Peggy Gou, The National, Burna Boy, Janelle Monae, Jessie Ware and Charli XCX.

The main stages open on Friday, but acts like Shygirl and MJ Cole will kick-start the party with sets in the smaller arenas on Thursday night.

If you don't have a ticket, you can follow all the action on BBC television, radio, iPlayer and BBC Sounds - with more than 90 hours of live coverage over the weekend.

To help you plan, here is the full line-up and set timings across Glastonbury's 10 biggest stages.

Looks like there's some fantastic acts this year (and Peggy Gou aswell) - Sadly I won't be there but I will be binging as much footage as I can.

I'm feeling officially out of touch, even if past headliners haven't been my thing, and I don't know many/any songs, I've at least always *heard* of them.

Dua Lipa? SZA? Not a **** clue. If you'd asked me about Dua Lipa I'd have guessed that it was a type of steamed dumpling.

At least Coldplay are there so I feel down with the kids. ;) 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Haha 1

You didn't just go there with Coldplay my man :D 

There's some fantastic DJs lined up this year, Skream, Jamie XX, Romy, Nightmares on Wax to name a few.

I can see the appeal of Dua Lipa, not my kind of music but I understand the booking.

Idles, Bombay Bicycle Club, Confidence Man, Annie Mac, Disclosure, The Streets, Bloc Party, The National, Two Door Cinema Club all on the Other Stage, there's a lot to enjoy there.

Jungle, Noname, Nitin Shawney, The Skatalites, Nia Archives and Steel Pulse on West Holts. 

Also looks like a secret gig on Saturday at Woodsies, unless there's a band called TBC playing.

Could be a good one this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Idles, Bombay Bicycle Club, Confidence Man, Annie Mac, Disclosure, The Streets, Bloc Party, The National, Two Door Cinema Club all on the Other Stage, there's a lot to enjoy there

Idles, shit shit shit bluenose shit, shit, The National, more shit

5 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Jungle, Noname, Nitin Shawney, The Skatalites, Nia Archives and Steel Pulse on West Holts

2 legacy acts who are nothing like their original incarnations and… shit

Honestly, it feels like every year I declare this to be the worst lineup ever and I don’t think I'm lying at any time I say it.

Shania Twain must be the most awful legends slot since they started having one.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Idles, shit shit shit bluenose shit, shit, The National, more shit

2 legacy acts who are nothing like their original incarnations and… shit

Honestly, it feels like every year I declare this to be the worst lineup ever and I don’t think I'm lying at any time I say it.

Shania Twain must be the most awful legends slot since they started having one.

Not a fan bud? ;) 

1 minute ago, T-Dog said:

Not a fan bud? ;) 

I’m a fan of many things, just not most of the acts on. I’ll watch it when there’s nothing better to do but there’s literally not one act I’m enthused about seeing.

It really does seem to have become an awful thing

Dont get me wrong, I’m not a festival person. Camping can do one, Outdoor music is shit, blah blah blah but Glasto used to be the cream of all the lineups. There are loads of lineups much better than this now.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m a fan of many things, just not most of the acts on. I’ll watch it when there’s nothing better to do but there’s literally not one act I’m enthused about seeing.

It really does seem to have become an awful thing

Dont get me wrong, I’m not a festival person. Camping can do one, Outdoor music is shit, blah blah blah but Glasto used to be the cream of all the lineups. There are loads of lineups much better than this now.

Not trying to change your mind, I understand where you're coming from, but honestly I think most of the joy is away from the main stages, that's been my experience, but I do understand what you're saying sir.

Posted (edited)

First one I haven't been to since I started going in 2009 :( 

And my faves The National finally headlining The Other stage. Hopefully be able to watch that on Sunday after the England defeat.

Edited by fightoffyour

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Tried to get tickets but was sadly unsuccessful ☹️. Would have loved to see Dua Lipa.

Maybe next year.

You and me both brother, I hear she makes music too these days? ;) 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm feeling officially out of touch, even if past headliners haven't been my thing, and I don't know many/any songs, I've at least always *heard* of them.

Dua Lipa? SZA? Not a **** clue. If you'd asked me about Dua Lipa I'd have guessed that it was a type of steamed dumpling.

At least Coldplay are there so I feel down with the kids. ;) 

You haven’t heard of Dua Lipa? The UK’s biggest female artist of the last 5 years!

Edited by ender4

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And my faves The National finally headlining The Other stage. Hopefully be able to watch that on Sunday after the England defeat.

Think The National could be a good one this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

How do you manage to get tickets every year? 

This year 2.5 million people applied for the 200k tickets available!

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

You haven’t heard of Dua Lipa? The UK biggest female artist of the last 5 years!

Lordy, someone pass me the tissues, she's a right Hot Tamale that one

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

I've never tried it myself, but I've met a few that have a 'hack' to getting tickets, not sure how reliable, but DM me if you want bud and we'll talk.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Well, I didn’t this year 😀

Edited by fightoffyour

25 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

I've never tried it myself, but I've met a few that have a 'hack' to getting tickets, not sure how reliable, but DM me if you want bud and we'll talk.

Yeah go on then, since my kick has run out!

8 hours ago, ender4 said:

You haven’t heard of Dua Lipa? The UK’s biggest female artist of the last 5 years!

Oh my god that is a horror show for me. No thanks. 

Yes Glastonbury is not for me. Mid 2000's would have been ideal for me but music currently leaves me cold. Feels like it's in the dolldrums again, dominated by dance/pop/hippity hop bands. 

Doesn't help that I hate token rock band Coldplay as well. 

I get that there is interesting stuff away from the main stages but surely if you go to Glastonbury, especially if it's probably your only visit, you've got to see a couple of headliners you love on The Pyramid stage.