limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

8 minutes ago, delboy54 said:

I agree that private/public school fees are not subject to VAT appears to be an anomaly and needs addressing.

However!........ it is interesting that private medical care is not subject to VAT provided that treatment carried out is by a registered professional...

So....if you decide to have private education by registered professionals, then isn't that the same conditions?, and therefore not subject to VAT!

Or have I tied myself in knots?.......again!

If you start trying to understand inconsistencies in VAT law you're going to find yourself reading about biscuits, cakes and Jaffa cakes into the early hours

• Haha 4

Just now, bickster said:

I can't stop laughing, no really… :crylaugh:

They certainly will be for the average aged Tory voter. 

And probably me... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

This follows on from some Tories saying if you vote Labour you may never see a Tory government again. What is this bollocks. The only thing you are voting for is the government for the next 5 years. Labour fail then they'll be the chance to vote them out.

The Tories must clearly fear Labour doing a decent job and people realising the shit show of the last 14 years doesn't have to be repeated ever again. 

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

To be fair, given the age of their average voter - one term is probably enough to do it.

• Like 1

I've quite enjoyed listening to LBC tonight for the sake of people who feel they've got views worth sharing on why they won't vote for Labour.

Just had one chap on who would vote Labour, but the planning reforms might lead to more wind farms in the countryside, so he's unable to.

Another doesn't have kids in private school but can't vote Labour purely because of the vat on private school fees.

chinny-reckon2.jpg

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Normally you'd say this level of incompetence is unbelievable but it is now simply the norm from this shit show of a party. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Just had one chap on who would vote Labour, but the planning reforms might lead to more wind farms in the countryside, so he's unable to.

Obviously voting Green then :D 

41 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's weird how, if and when these things become stories. I listened to someone reporting all that in the first couple of days after the betting stuff came out in the context of "Labour saw the spikes in the bets placed so bought up all the advertising for that week just in case it meant something". Odd how Maguire is now filing a story that clearly everyone in Westminster has known for a couple of weeks and how no-one else thought it was worth a story.

A bit like partygate first being reported as a footnote in a Times story about six months before anyone cared about it.

Edited by ml1dch
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

It really is sill season in the polling now :D 

My mum likes a Sherry. 

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

It's weird how, if and when these things become stories. I listened to someone reporting all that in the first couple of days after the betting stuff came out in the context of "Labour saw the spikes in the bets placed so bought up all the advertising for that week just in case it meant something". Odd how Maguire is now filing a story that clearly everyone in Westminster has known for a couple of weeks and how no-one else thought it was worth a story.

A bit like partygate first being reported as a footnote in a Times story about six months before anyone cared about it.

Tbf at the time everyone in Westminster was too busy spreading conspiracy rumours that the cabinet turned on Sunak and he spontaneously called an election there and then in the rain to spite them 😀