limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

19 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

For a "non labour supporter" all you do is defend them and critise anyone who dares criticise them

Not at all, I just prefer people to be informed and say things that are correct. I criticise Labour an awful lot, if you search my posts, you'll find that out and why I'm not voting for them

You shouldn't have to go back far to find me criticising Starmer.

More reading, less assuming. Oh and checks some facts before you decide on an opinion.

• Like 2

I think Kier Starmer is a decent enough bloke. Comes across that way anyway.  I don’t like the hard left in Labour but he seems to be moving away from that which is good. Still not convinced about some of his policies but I understand it’s one almighty task and I also understand politicians peddle bullshit to try and get in power.  Sunak? I honestly thought he’d make a good prime minister one day, but it hasn’t worked out quite to plan and he really is out of touch with normal working folk . My politics are normally Centre/Right so usually more in line with Conservatives, but it’s criminal what the party have been getting away with. Reform? Could potentially be a threat to Labour and Conservatives in the future but need some real leaders and not your couple of pints down the pub kind of people. Will attract your far right dickheads which is off putting, but momentum will definitely increase over the next few years . Basically I don’t know what to vote which is frustrating. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

Sunak mentioned other night that he wants his daughters to grow up and have the NHS there for them. Roll of the eyes from me, who’s he kidding ? His daughters certainly won’t be using the NHS as they will be private healthcare .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

Yes, I know what you mean. It's still not true though. The Labour Party didn't leave the country penniless, a **** massive global recession that started in America did that. It hurt, and still is arguably, everyone, very badly. Had we had a Tory government, they'd have been as bad in charge of it because the problem wasn't a government one, it was a massive multinational economic one and everyone got hammered by it. Labour just happened to have their hand on the tiller when the shit hit the fan.

It wasn't Ed Balls that left the no money nor, it was Liam Byrne. And the note is basically a long running joke between outgoing and incoming chancellors, they leave a private comment to the new minister, which until the Tories weaponised this one has remained private - in fact the suggestion was that the note is usually some sardonic quip along the same lines. The gag at the time would have been tin eared but all government ministers live on a different planet and there wouldn't have been any expectation the joke would come out. 

But you aren't unique in thinking that. My girlfriend is exactly the same. Ask her to tell you something about the Labour party and you'll get a list of all Blair's **** ups.

Yeah my mistake about balls i just checked that was incorrect. The joke side of it for me is pathetic from both of them. Making a mockery of people who are struggling while they having a laugh at our expense.

I think neither party is fit to govern. I do think starmer is going to put taxes up and i also think he wont be able to deliver on his promises on getting a better deal for brexit, getting the wl backlog down and the immigrants crisis. He has failed to say how he will do any of these things. 

I think he will improve getting gp appointments though. Under labour it was much better than this **** shit system the tories have done. If they revert back to the booking 7 days in advance way than that would certainly help that side of a big problem of thw country. 

As for rishi im not gonna even comment on him as he wont be PM come next week so its pointless but has shown he has been another failure PM

Also one thing i like about your posts chindie is i can of course see you are more labour than Conservative but you are not afraid to criticise labour when they do shit. I respect that.

I have no affiliation with either party. Im dissatisfied with both

Edited by Demitri_C

Problem I have with giving labour my vote is similar to signing up for a personal loan agreement or mortgage with no idea what the interest rate is and how much it's going to cost me....all a big secret it seems.

I get the Tories are rubbish and have been for years and run out of ideas, but to me labour's electioneering is based on "vote for us cos the Tories are sh$te. What are we going to do when we walk into no.10 next week?...we wont tell you.....yet".

Both main parties have been very cagey and weak on policies in my opinion.

Perhaps neither of them any ideas on how to fix the UK....well the Tories have had 14 years and are still clueless.

• Confused 1

What I dint get is Sunak keep going about Starmer and the certainty of tax rises yet he is promising the getting rid  of national insurance plus triple lock plus fir pensioners and they are going to psy for all by cutting the welfare budget. If he does that by whst he says he will it will lead to more homelessness, child poverty and crime plus put extra burden on the NHS.  What he is promising is something he was dead against when fighting for leadership with Truss. Unfunded tax cuts.

Was always planning to vote tactically but it’s a close three way battle in my constituency so pretty hard to decide where to put my X.  

Gonna go down to the hustings tonight, see what they’ve actually got to say and might just vote for the candidate rather than the party like it was originally meant to be. 

3 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Was always planning to vote tactically but it’s a close three way battle in my constituency so pretty hard to decide where to put my X.  

Gonna go down to the hustings tonight, see what they’ve actually got to say and might just vote for the candidate rather than the party like it was originally meant to be. 

Which constituency?

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What I dint get is Sunak keep going about Starmer and the certainty of tax rises yet he is promising the getting rid  of national insurance plus triple lock plus fir pensioners and they are going to psy for all by cutting the welfare budget. If he does that by whst he says he will it will lead to more homelessness, child poverty and crime plus put extra burden on the NHS.  What he is promising is something he was dead against when fighting for leadership with Truss. Unfunded tax cuts.

The whole campaign is a dance where neither party is allowed to say what the situation is.

If either one or the other came out and said "there are massive, structural problems due to terrible decisions made by both of our parties over the last fifty years. We have a population that is living longer, getting unhealthier, and expecting more, for longer and those that are still young enough to work aren't having children anymore because they can't afford the houses to raise them in. So we have no choice but to import a never-ending stream of workers to keep putting 50ps in the economy meter, otherwise the lights all go off. While they are keeping things ticking over we can either increase your taxes or cut your services, or both. But unless anyone has a good idea to fix all *waves hands around frantically* THAT, then this will keep happening until the elastic snaps. And no, just increasing taxes or decreasing taxes by a little bit more or less, or nationalising stuff a bit more or a bit less than before doesn't count as a good idea..."

...then the other side will just say "look, they're going to cut your services and put your taxes up just like we said! We won't, promise". And probably win the election as a result. 

• Like 2

More from the electoral dump in the letterbox 

1. This is the Liberal Party not the LibDems
  2. I don’t live in this constituency (even before the boundary changes it wasn’t in this constituency either)
  3. That actual policy bit there that says Garston needs better transport is hilarious, I actually think it’s better connected transport wise than any other suburb of Liverpool and in reality about a good three quarters of London. It has the largest station on 4 different lines outside the city centre. All the city centre to South of the city routes converge here and for most of those routes there are two operators. You can get to most places from here very easily

IMG_0130.jpeg

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

. They left us in such a great place before cameron came in. Bankrupting the country just like the tories have.

If you believe that bullshit then you must be absolutely gobsmacked and fuming about what the Tories have done.

National debt was 900 billion pound in 2010. It had doubled pre pandemic to 1.8 trillion. It is at over 2.4 trillion pound now. Debt as a percentage of GDP was 64% in 2010, it is now at 97%.

They have at the same time as almost tripling national debt, and having doubled it pre pandemic, decimated public services, seen the biggest fall in living standards since the second world war and given the masses the highest tax burden in 70 years. Surprise surprise though since 2010 the rich have got substantially richer and inequality has risen.

Compared to now the Tories inherited Eutopia in 2010 and then wilfully destroyed our public services, gave the poorest amongst us a good kicking and made the masses as a whole poorer.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

but to me labour's electioneering is based on "vote for us cos the Tories are sh$te. What are we going to do when we walk into no.10 next week?...we wont tell you.....yet".

I'm sorry, but if you have no idea what Labour's policies are at this point, you've not had very much interest in finding out what they are

There's a lot to criticise there. To some they're not radical enough. To some they're too expensive. To some they're focusing on the wrong issues. But if you just don't know what their policies are, it's probably on you

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Didcot & Wantage (Oxfordshire)

Not sure why you think that’s a three way fight. Labour not going to win in a month of Sundays. LibDem is the tactical vote for sure. I’d also be prepared to put money on the LibDems winning, but I doubt the odds would be good, clear favourites I think

That whole Oxford / Thames corridor is is possibly going to be a sea of orange on the map. It’s all very much middle class / remainer territory and the LibDem message is really resonating with all the demographic there.

21 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If you believe that bullshit then you must be absolutely gobsmacked and fuming about what the Tories have done.

National debt was 900 billion pound in 2010. It had doubled pre pandemic to 1.8 trillion. It is at over 2.4 trillion pound now. Debt as a percentage of GDP was 64% in 2010, it is now at 97%.

They have at the same time as almost tripling national debt, and having doubled it pre pandemic, decimated public services, seen the biggest fall in living standards since the second world war and given the masses the highest tax burden in 70 years. Surprise surprise though since 2010 the rich have got substantially richer and inequality has risen.

Compared to now the Tories inherited Eutopia in 2010 and then wilfully destroyed our public services, given the poorest amongst us a good kicking and made the masses as a whole poorer.

Yes but we had a pandemic labour didnt. Yes you can argue they wasted money and that part i do agree with how much did furlough cost? Did labour come up with a furlough scheme when people were losing their jobs during the financial crisis? But lets leave that part out. They had a healthier economy back then as well before the crash so why didnt they help people out ?

Mark you can never accept any criticism towards the labour party. I admire that you want to back your political party but you cant dismiss any faults labour make as well. You have to be balanced and accept labour make many **** ups as well. If they didnt they wouldn't have been out of power for the last 12 years would they ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes but we had a pandemic labour didnt. Yes you can argue they wasted money and that part i do agree with how much did furlough cost? Did labour come up with a furlough scheme when people were losing their jobs during the financial crisis? But lets leave that part out. They had a healthier economy back then as well before the crash so why didnt they help people out ?

Mark you can never accept any criticism towards the labour party. I admire that you want to back your political party but you cant dismiss any faults labour make as well. You have to be balanced and accept labour make many **** ups as well. If they didnt they wouldn't have been out of power for the last 12 years would they ?

No they just had the largest global financial collapse since the Great Depression and Brown's response to it was lauded the world over for how excellent it was and had put the UK on course to be one of the fastest to recover, then the Tories came along and kneecapped the nation.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm sorry, but if you have no idea what Labour's policies are at this point, you've not had very much interest in finding out what they are

There's a lot to criticise there. To some they're not radical enough. To some they're too expensive. To some they're focusing on the wrong issues. But if you just don't know what their policies are, it's probably on you

Perhaps, maybe they just haven't made their case clearer, or maybe I am too thick to understand their policies 😉

Looked at one of my local labour wannabe MP election flyers and it was mostly wishy washy nonsense be honest....

4 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

No they just had the largest global financial collapse since the Great Depression and Brown's response to it was lauded the world over for how excellent it was and had put the UK on course to be one of the fastest to recover, then the Tories came along and kneecapped the nation.

The thing is mate you cant see covid wasnt as big if not worse.  I cant stand the **** tories and what they have done to this country but i won't criticise them for the one good thing they did keeping people in jobs with furlough

Brown would have been a hero if he introduced furlough at that time. He had the money to do it too 

Edited by Demitri_C