limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Didn’t watch it , they are pointless , the Tories are gonna get wiped out and no debates are going to change thst

but I still chuckle everytime I come on VT and see people moaning that the most left wing organisation on the planet has a Tory bias 

Heard of Robbie Gibb? (not a bee gee BTW)

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Heard of Robbie Gibb? (not a bee gee BTW)

Also not forgetting that Tim Davie, the current BBC Director General, once stood as a Tory party candidate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

No they aren't. 

Yeah I'm so sick of this being said. 

Guess which one of labour and Tory will be thrilled people say they're both as bad as each other. 

• Like 1

A slew of polls today are slightly more encouraging.

Labour Steady

LibDems rising

Reform falling back

Tories just about hitting their floor

If that trend can continue up to the election it'll be great.

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

Do they even understand this tweet themselves?

It's gone from juvenile to... quite frankly psychedelic

French flag?

I said it before and I’ll say it again, they’d have been FAR better off if after calling the election vanished for 6 weeks.

Every time they say, do, type or post anything it makes them look worse.

14 hours ago, supermon said:

I feel so out of touch with this year's election, I've never felt this way before. Just disinterested with any of the campaigning. Fed up with the two mainstream parties as they offer next to nothing. Both as bad as each other. Really hope labour have a shit majority and conservatives just crumble and are obliterated 

The Euros right now is such a welcome distraction. 

Exactly where im at. Tories are shit and should be kicked out but labour coming in to save us? Yeah ok. They left us in such a great place before cameron came in. Bankrupting the country just like the tories have.

Neither party deserve to be in power hence why for the first time ever im not voting as both are totally shit and the rest dont have a chance so whats the point. Starmers dodging questions - doesnt answer how he is going to deal with the illegal immigrants, said he isnt raising certain taxes but didnt rule out all tax increases (he has had mamy opportunities) just shows what the next 5 years are going to look like

Just now, Genie said:

I said it before and I’ll say it again, they’d have been FAR better off if after calling the election vanished for 6 weeks.

Every time they say, do, type or post anything it makes them look worse.

Well yes and that is understating it

We will never see another election campaign quite like this one. 

Its been said often recently that political satire is dead. Political satire's body has been dug up after 10 years and paraded around the streets on the back of a donkey now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They left us in such a great place before cameron came in. Bankrupting the country

The Tories are shit but you still keep pushing the ludicrous demonstrably untrue things they've said and done in the last 15 years.

It beggars belief, really.

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Tories are shit but you still keep pushing the ludicrous demonstrably untrue things they've said and done in the last 15 years.

It beggars belief, really.

Huh ?

For a "non labour supporter" all you do is defend them and critise anyone who dares criticise them. Demonstrates what side of the spectrum you are on

You dont hold them accountable for anything . I have criticised both parties on many occasions not sure what on earth you are on about

Its " beggars belief" for having a opinion.  Gimme a break

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The stuff about the last Labour government leaving the country penniless isn't true. It's a stupid lie the Tories pushed to justify sweeping ideological cuts that devastated the country got the last decade. It's been shown over save over it's a lie but it's a good one because people keep saying it. 

Ironically it's a lie we're going to hear a lot from the incoming 'Labour' government too. Although with a smidgen more justification in that the country now badly needs to spend more money and we're on a worse place to do it. Thanks to the same Tories and their enablers.

When i say they bankrupted the country im not sayin literally as obviouslythey will just borrow more and more money- im using it as a expresssion to say they left the economy is a terrible state just like the tories have now. Remember ed balls note saying there was no money left? Making a joke while a lot of people were losing their jobs? Some may have forgotten but i wont. Disgusting behaviour that i would expect from the tories not labour.

You are absolutely spot on about starmer saying the same thing. I agree wholeheartedly about that and yes the tories are responsible for the spending the money for the reckless crashingbof the economy by our worst ever PM truss, to boris and his donkey  mates making money off of covid