limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

20 minutes ago, bickster said:

The Friday Night Dinner thing was so bad and ill thought out.

Why Friday night? Because his wife is Jewish and her father comes across…

Yep that there is antisemitism!

Not only that but Teresa May had pretty much the same rule for church on a Sunday.

The whole thing got destroyed in minutes

It's a slippery slope though, imagine Boris taking time out for all of his kids.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, villan95 said:

53% chance that the Tories get more seats than the Llib Dems according to the data.

It leads to all sorts of machinations over the opposition

Some future scenarios, some possible, some absolutely mental

• As already mention Alliance in NI could get up to 3 MPs (one pretty nailed on) and they are LibDem sister party
  • Tory civil war, not hard to see some one nation MPs just defecting to LibDems
  • And here’s the mental one… 70 odd Labour MPs defect to form New Labour for shits and giggles, to become both Govt and Opposition - who said a supermajority wasn’t dangerous :D 
  • Haha 1

On 28/06/2024 at 14:33, bickster said:

Just for amusement

11 constituencies. What links them?

• Arundel and South Downs
  • Christchurch
  • Hamble Valley
  • Kingswinford and South Staffordshire
  • Maldon
  • New Forest East
  • North East Hampshire
  • North West Essex
  • Sevenoaks
  • South Shropshire
  • Weald of Kent

Take Weald of Kent off the list - now projected Labour in the latest Survation.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

I'll take it if that puts the Tories 3rd

tories 3rd with reform getting a number of seats they'd consider a sucessful campaign (5 or more?)

tories 2nd with reform falling flat on their faces getting just farage's seat

i genuinely don't know which i'd prefer, if you offered me those two as the only choices (presumably the best case scenario from both is unlikely)

13 minutes ago, Moneill said:

I’m torn. I live in Hinckley which probably one of the few seats the Tories hope to  keep. Two tactical voting sites say vote Labour , two other say Lib Dems. 

Labour I reckon it’s Labour ahead of Lib in all but one pollster

48 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

reform getting 7 seats would take the shine off it all somewhat

I genuinely can’t see more than 4, given that 2 of the 4 are outside bets I just can’t see 7 especially as they appear on a slight slide in last week or so

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

In terms of turn out, I think a lot of moderate tories probably won’t vote at all.

However I think that will be offset to an extent by a reasonable amount of people who otherwise may not have voted but have also been waiting patiently to give them a bit of a kicking.

I think loads of moderate Tories will quite easily switch to Labour or Lib Dem and is a large part of why they're going to get annihilated.  It'll be a fairly high turnout I reckon.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

He's got back from Malaga in time to do some half-arsed campaigning then.

They're barely even dialling it in any more.  They're seen the writing on the wall.  

My only concern now is how long I can stay up for (* kenneth gif) on Thursday night 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Pretty hilarious that Boris is part of an attack labelling Keir part-time :crylaugh: 

Imagine that your internal polling is that bad that you have to get your mortal enemy (who though not universally popular, is still more popular than you) to come out and attack the opposition using lines that are already known not to work, just two days before the election. And then add to that that it was very clearly all last minute, rushed and still too late to make tomorrow’s papers.

That fetid stench… it’s the smell of desperation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Do Boris and Rishi really give a toss about the election results? Boris is banned from the commons and Rishi will be in California on July 5th searching for TechBro jobs.

I'm all for giving the Tories a political kicking but how many of the front bench and other Tory "heavyweights" will be really worried about losing? They'll all be cashing in the chips they got for making their donors rich and from all the lobbying they did for China, oil companies, and the banks.

They'll never feel any shame, guilt, or pain for the last 14 years. The last laugh will still be on the country.

• Like 2