limpid

General Election Results 2024  

34 members have voted

1. 1. How many Labour MPs?

2. 2. How many Liberal Democrat MPs?

3. 3. How many Conservative MPs?

4. 4. What will the turnout be?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/07/24 at 17:00

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

There was a debate? 
Glad I gave up with them after the very first one. I’d rather take a razor blade to my scrotum

And weirdly, many men seem to do just that in 2024. 😬 😉

Pubic hair grooming is more popular than ever.

But whether you’re doing it for medical reasons — not that there are many — or simply because you prefer a silky smooth sack, it’s not the easiest terrain to tackle. You know, given all the softness and sagging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Starmer making a mess of this debate. The audience love Rishi - incredibly suspect given they’re polling at barely over 15%

Hand picked audience 

I feel so out of touch with this year's election, I've never felt this way before. Just disinterested with any of the campaigning. Fed up with the two mainstream parties as they offer next to nothing. Both as bad as each other. Really hope labour have a shit majority and conservatives just crumble and are obliterated 

The Euros right now is such a welcome distraction. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, supermon said:

Really hope labour have a shit majority and conservatives just crumble and are obliterated 

Kinda need to pick a lane on that one, you don't get both.

10 hours ago, DaoDeMings said:

Starmer making a mess of this debate. The audience love Rishi - incredibly suspect given they’re polling at barely over 15%

I did watch it later iplayer, sunak was very much on the attack with rhetoric like don't surrender your finances to labour, don't surrounded your borders. All he has to say is that he will pay for all his cuts by cutting the welfare budget, and there were a section of older members who were clapping his every word. Went it came to questions about women and trans rights Starmer won it hands down. But this makes no difference nobody believes Sunaks  lies and labour will get a majority of 250 seats or more imo 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, supermon said:

Both as bad as each other.

I keep seeing this. Why do you think Labour would be as bad as The Tories? Seems like a soundbyte that's got zero grounding in fact. 

Echo of The Internet or man in the pub? 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

It really was a shite debate. If you'd paid no attention so far and just watched that them you'd have thought Sunak would make a great questiontime host and learned that Starmer's father was a toolmaker. The audience was very suspect too - I think they were picked based on the last election result with a majority of older tories sat there, and the host herself was definitely leaning to the right, must have been her heels.

Didn’t watch it , they are pointless , the Tories are gonna get wiped out and no debates are going to change thst

but I still chuckle everytime I come on VT and see people moaning that the most left wing organisation on the planet has a Tory bias 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Didn’t watch it , they are pointless , the Tories are gonna get wiped out and no debates are going to change thst

but I still chuckle everytime I come on VT and see people moaning that the most left wing organisation on the planet has a Tory bias 

Are you saying that the Chinese Communist Party is exhibiting Tory bias. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Are you saying that the Chinese Communist Party is exhibiting Tory bias. 

Ha , the BBC make China look further right than Reform 😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha , the BBC make China look further right than Reform 😀

BBCs politics output is so far removed from left wing it’s untrue.

Laura K and Nick Robinson are out and out Tories

The best and most unbiased big gun they have is Vic Derbyshire and even she was mildly Tory in Uni (Source: Me) though she did vote for me a few times on a Labour ticket :D 

Bbc leftwing :crylaugh:most of their output related to news is flagrantly right wing or hostile to the left. Think that has far more of an impact than some left wing comedy shows. 

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

BBCs politics output is so far removed from left wing it’s untrue.

Laura K and Nick Robinson are out and out Tories

The best and most unbiased big gun they have is Vic Derbyshire and even she was mildly Tory in Uni (Source: Me) though she did vote for me a few times on a Labour ticket :D 

Because the BBC is required by charter to be unbiased and balanced, its political coverage sits between the two ends of the Overton window, pretty much, in these kind of election situations. Because the window is shifted to a place where you’ve got very right wing Tories and a centre left Labour Party the middle, balanced position from which the BBC questions the parties is right of centre, perhaps? Do it represents or appears to, a kind of consensus establishment position to an extent. 

56 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

tbut I still chuckle everytime I come on VT and see people moaning that the most left wing organisation on the planet has a Tory bias 

Mad Bait | Bait / This is Bait | Know Your Meme

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, supermon said:

Fed up with the two mainstream parties as they offer next to nothing. Both as bad as each other. 

Whilst I don't think Labour , or Starmer in particular have really convinced anyone ,   when your only chance of winning your seat is to try and remove any trace of being a Tory  or to include pictures with someone from another party , then you know your party has seriously **** things up ...

Labour are certainly " bad"  but they look positively competent compared to the Tories right now 

• Like 1